Issues with running Raptor through a Car Wash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ParkCity06

Reaction score
I just noticed in my owners manual that you are not supposed to run the Raptor through car washes that have a track to pull you through. It says to hand wash--which I do in the summer--or use in a touch less, stationary bay.

But with the heavy winters in Utah--I only have the choice of automatic car washes to keep the mud and salt off when the days and roads are clear enough to do so.

Has anyone had a problem being pulled through a car wash?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just be very cautious, I have done a couple with mine, but only ones that I have seen duallies make it through with no issues. I mostly do the self wash truck washes in the winter, they have doors which close down so they don’t freeze while you wash and then I always wipe down the rubbers and door jams so they don’t freeze later on.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going thru an auto car wash is like going to a ********** with no ****** haha

I’ve heard that the Raptor is too wide to fit in the tracks. Also there have been stories of antennas torn off with the touch type car washes.

Go to a wash bay and blast away. Bring a leaf blower to dry it off.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run mine through at least once a week, its one of those tunnel wash club deals. Never had an issue. My X6M and X5m go through it as well. One thing to note: some have noticed a funky smell through the vents when condensation builds up. I turn off my climate control before I get out of the truck, and haven't had an issue.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just check with them. most of them have the rails too close for the raptor and risk the chance of jumping track. I personally would just use a quarter car wash and just power wash it clean for the winter months. I would trust the automatic washes. I do have one near me that says they are set up wider than the JAX (chain store). I
just dont want to risk it.

EccentricRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen some that don’t have the track (you drive in without turning and stop when it tells you to). Zero contact - upside down U shape passes back and forth over the vehicle that sprays soap/water. That’d be the only type I’d trust with a Raptor. However, the ones like that around me are just for regular vehicles (my old 2006 Taurus fit with about a foot left on each side beyond the mirror and they’re not that tall). Therefore, I’ve just used a boat load of quarters and hosed my Raptor down myself. Tedious, but I don’t want my Raptor rusting prematurely.

With the winter weather plus salt where I live - I feel your pain. Won’t lie - I actually bought one of those wet suits to stay warm as I get damp/wet while doing it. Overkill, but I don’t care, lol.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Ford Raptor that I run through the car wash at least once a week. It is a local Kwik Trip and the wash does not have the tracks. My truck is just fine in it and I fold in the mirrors with no issues. You just have to survey the wash and make sure that it’s wide enough for your vehicle and I always use the touchless function.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take mine through a tunnel at least once a week. I have a shorter antenna and fold my mirrors in. There’s a ton of Raptors in my area that use it and I checked with the wash before doing it. $19/month for a mostly clean truck is well worth it for me.

m4can2

Reaction score
I’ve been running mine through my local track-pull car wash almost twice a week. No issues. Make sure it’s wide enough.