GEN 2 Issues with paddle shifting in manual mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nanny features SUCK!!! They are for the masses, most of which should only walk

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you run afoul of stability control, your power gets cut, cut, cut for what seems like an eternity. in the Raptor Assault first session you go into a gravel / cone course similar to an auto cross. I had truck number 9 sideways on run 1 in 2h and we lost power entirely - zero throttle response at all, it was probably less than a second but felt like several seconds. Not using paddles.

however, I’ve banged the rev limiter with the paddles.
Same truck number I was driving like I stole it at the Raptor Assualt . Lol

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t mean to sound like an idiot, just every car I’ve had before with paddle shifting did not do this.

I have learned my lesson not to ask stupid questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It still sounds like the Rev Limiter kicking in...I always use manual shifting in Sport mode because it likes to hold gears longer then I like, but when nailing it from a stop you HAVE to watch the tach and shift sooner then you would think...first gear is very low and you run out of it like right now, so add that the 1st - 2nd shift isn't super fast and whamo - you got an over rev situation...
I shift at about 5k in first gear so by the time the shift takes place i'm rev'd out but not into the limiter...

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It still sounds like the Rev Limiter kicking in...I always use manual shifting in Sport mode because it likes to hold gears longer then I like, but when nailing it from a stop you HAVE to watch the tach and shift sooner then you would think...first gear is very low and you run out of it like right now, so add that the 1st - 2nd shift isn't super fast and whamo - you got an over rev situation...
I shift at about 5k in first gear so by the time the shift takes place i'm rev'd out but not into the limiter...

Yeah I definitely feel like what you’re saying is correct.

It just seemed strange to me that it would kill the power to the truck at the rev limit instead of bouncing down a few revs and allowing you to upshift! It just doesn’t make and sense.

And to your point I feel the exact same way. I love using the paddles in sport mode so it doesn’t sit in high revs.

Anyway, thanks for weighing in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah I definitely feel like what you’re saying is correct.

It just seemed strange to me that it would kill the power to the truck at the rev limit instead of bouncing down a few revs and allowing you to upshift! It just doesn’t make and sense.

And to your point I feel the exact same way. I love using the paddles in sport mode so it doesn’t sit in high revs.

Anyway, thanks for weighing in!

I either use sport or shift to manual mode not both. There’s zero difference between shifting to manual mode and campaigning either normal mode or sport drive mode shifting wise; there may be alterations to other handling aspects, braking and steering input but powertrain wise I’m not aware of anything significant enough to make me shift to manual, double plus the mode button, t/c to 4a instead of just shift to manual and go.