Issues with Gauge Cluster and electrical

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 2010 occasionally has the same issue, when it first started I would lose hill decent and active traction. Over time it got progressively worse where my gauges would go dead and then total loss of power at times. I found that when I removed the gauge cluster and reinstalled it things would start working, at first it was thought that it might be a gauge cluster issue. What I found is the wiring connection at the top of the cluster on the right side has an issue and after removing the bezel I was able to reach in and move the wires and everything started working. It took quite a bit of jocking the wires on occasion to get things working a few times. I would check this first just to see if yours is the same.

I had done quite a bit of research and did not see others reporting this. I have been trying to see if I can get a part number for this wiring harness and replace it but thus far have been unable to find the part number. I am considering going to a junk yard and trying to see if I can grab this or at least the gauge connector and about a foot of the wiring harness to solder in if all else fails.
The 04-08 f150 has a problem in the gauge cluster that I spent over a year fixing that exhibits issues like this, if you look in those forums during that generation you'll see all kinds of posts of interior lights and gauge cluster malfunctions that come from poor solder connections on the back of the gauge cluster and not necessarily the harness.