Issues with Gauge Cluster and electrical

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martinjr1369

Reaction score
Whats Up guys, first time posting, I was trying to see if anyone has had this issue before or if anyone may know what is causing the issue. I have a 2010 Raptor 6.2 with about 170k miles

My gauge cluster, Rear view camera, 4x4 selector switch, AC compressor, and traction control button all lose power for extended periods of time then they will all come back on randomly for maybe a day then shut of again, I checked all fuses and everything is good with that, a friend said there may be an issue with the ECU but just wanted to run this issue by here before taking it to the dealer, any info would be greatly appreciated!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check to see if your 3rd brake light has water intrusion. That is known to cause the problems you are having.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you’re losing power on your hot in start/run circuit that powers multiple fuses in the SJB. I would recommend checking the SJB connectors to make sure they’re full seated and no water intrusion or corrosion is present. The SJB is located behind the passenger side kick panel; the connector you’re looking for is a gray rectangular 13 pin.

OP
OP
M

Martinjr1369

Reaction score
Does your gauge cluster go blank at times when this happens?
Yup goes blank the only thing that turns on is the red security light when i open the truck, then when i turn the ignition all the needles shake as the truck is cranking and then stop once the truck is on

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a OBD11 scanner to check codes?

You can try this.
Check the connections down by the starter.
They are known to come loose.
Disconnect the battery, remove the three connections and clean all the corrosion off with a brass or stainless steel brush.

BTW, a weak battery can do stuff like this!
At least bring it to an auto parts store and do a load test.

When that all checks out, and you're still having problems, the BCM (Body Control Module) is the next thing to look at.

Last edited:

Steven_Born

Reaction score
So my 2010 occasionally has the same issue, when it first started I would lose hill decent and active traction. Over time it got progressively worse where my gauges would go dead and then total loss of power at times. I found that when I removed the gauge cluster and reinstalled it things would start working, at first it was thought that it might be a gauge cluster issue. What I found is the wiring connection at the top of the cluster on the right side has an issue and after removing the bezel I was able to reach in and move the wires and everything started working. It took quite a bit of jocking the wires on occasion to get things working a few times. I would check this first just to see if yours is the same.

I had done quite a bit of research and did not see others reporting this. I have been trying to see if I can get a part number for this wiring harness and replace it but thus far have been unable to find the part number. I am considering going to a junk yard and trying to see if I can grab this or at least the gauge connector and about a foot of the wiring harness to solder in if all else fails.