issue with spongy pedal escalate to major issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
hi everybody,
I have had a spongy break pedal and took my 2013 raptor to the mechanical. Brake fluid, booster, and master cylinder have been changed.
Apparently the mech said that the problem was still there, so he changed the ABS pump.
Since then, the down hill button led is blinking, DTC dash board sign is lit orange fixed, if I try to engage off road when car is stopped, a message says that I should be below 5 kph, same if I want to go in 4x4 low, the inclinometer is showing 45 deg in both axe when car is flat in the carpark, maybe other stuff I havent see. The mech now says that I need to bring the car to ford because a software need to be downloaded in the ABS pump? does any one knows about that?
thanks in advance.
Francois

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When the ABS Module is replaced it requires programming with a scan tool; it is not plug-and-play. An unprogrammed module will result in multiple warning indicators and systems not working properly. The dealer will be able to program it with the Ford scan tool (IDS).

OP
OP
francois perrot
Reaction score
thanks for the answer, yeah, the brilliant FORD dealer tried first to charge me 824 USD plus labour to change my ABS pump. Then first refused to program it because I mounted one bought on internet for 250 USD. Then asked me 274 USD to use his IDS...
wow, lucky me, the électronique module was not faulty, I just exchanged the new one by the old one and all went back to normal... Saying that, having inclinometer faulty when you change the ABS pump... I have no words... we do not live in a philanthropic world but at Ford we reach unbelievable limits