Issue with radar detectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get false laser alerts from the Face ID on your iPhone triggering it. But I turn laser off anyway because if you are getting lasered (which is targeted) you are already getting a ticket. You won't get stray lasers alerts when a cop is targeting another car like you do with radar.
the max ci360 (and other similar types of radar detectors) blocks lidar (laser) gives the cop an error on the lidar gun. we did some testing with a cop here on the forum when he came by the shop. be couldnt get a reading on the speed of the car as it passed by. it has saved me quite a few times

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info above.

I was contemplating getting another detector, but am not sure. but seeing that people are getting false readings I think ill wait it out and continue using WAZE. I used to use them all the time but stopped using them when I started using the WAZE app. I have to admit WAZE at first was useless, not enough people were using it. Now it's used enough and is pretty darn accurate. It might be me, but I like it better. less to deal with and shows up on infotainment screen. No need for FORD's navigation either. Word of mouth with people telling you where they are and seeing their location plotted on the nav screen has worked better for me.

Maybe having both is a good idea. looks like ill be doing more research. people drive fast as can be around me. speed limits are mostly 70 on the hgwy. and if your not doing 75 your going to be passed all day long. 80-85 is the norm.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Thanks for the info above.

I was contemplating getting another detector, but am not sure. but seeing that people are getting false readings I think ill wait it out and continue using WAZE. I used to use them all the time but stopped using them when I started using the WAZE app. I have to admit WAZE at first was useless, not enough people were using it. Now it's used enough and is pretty darn accurate. It might be me, but I like it better. less to deal with and shows up on infotainment screen. No need for FORD's navigation either. Word of mouth with people telling you where they are and seeing their location plotted on the nav screen has worked better for me.

Maybe having both is a good idea. looks like ill be doing more research. people drive fast as can be around me. speed limits are mostly 70 on the hgwy. and if your not doing 75 your going to be passed all day long. 80-85 is the norm.
Man, I liked Waze, but it started taking me through crappy construction zones and down closed off roads a few weeks ago. Went back to google, which almost got me a ticket yesterday. Not as many google users I guess.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the max ci360 (and other similar types of radar detectors) blocks lidar (laser) gives the cop an error on the lidar gun. we did some testing with a cop here on the forum when he came by the shop. be couldnt get a reading on the speed of the car as it passed by. it has saved me quite a few times
Yeah, with a laser shifter you can block. With a regular radar/laser detector, I turn off the laser band (and X and K—nobody uses those (at least in CA) and they just give you false alerts).

Reaction score
Yes. I had that issue with an old ****** 9500ix. I heard the newer ones dont give false alarms with all the crap in new vehicles. Anyone have the ****** Redline 360c? Curious if this one blocks out all the false alarms from the vehicle.

LOL. ES CORT IS CENSORED?

CAc4s

Reaction score
The laser circuit is more sensitive to voltage flux. Are you hardwired? Might want to try a different power source (even temp for testing).

I'm hardwired, X & K off and no issues.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Yeah, their service is great, send your unit in and get it updated for almost nothing. Just my .02, but I think best bang for the buck. I've had K40'S which are junk imo for the big money they cost. I had a 9500i which I think is the best ever made, saved my ass many times, unfortunately superseded by the Max ci @ 3500.00....
Interesting.....I emailed Valentine a couple months ago to update my radar....the response was that my unit was not worth updating and I could buy a brand new one for way too much money.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I've been running a Beltronics STI Magnum for several years with no tickets and many saves.

Almost reaches out as far as Redline, great on hills and curves.

Settings: Per that fellow on YouTube that really knows various radar detectors and best Settings.

Highway Mode X --> Off
K --> On
Ka Sw --> Off
Ka 2,5,8 --> On
RDR --> Off
TSR --> On
SWS --> Off
POP --> Off
Laser --> On

I believe I ended up turning K ---> Off as too many false alarms.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m using an ****** Max 360 with a blendmount, no issues whatsoever, however I always have the laser setting off. As it has already been mentioned, if you get an alert…it’s too late.
I use it in three vehicles, works the same in all. Fantastic radar detector!

E s c o r t…is censored, lol!