Issue with radar detectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with radar detectors in their gen 3? I put mine up and I get a laser alarm about every 30 seconds. Tried it in 3 different sections of 3 different highways with the same result so I’m assuming something in the truck is interfering it’s the laser signal.

Any help at all would be much appreciated!

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, their service is great, send your unit in and get it updated for almost nothing. Just my .02, but I think best bang for the buck. I've had K40'S which are junk imo for the big money they cost. I had a 9500i which I think is the best ever made, saved my ass many times, unfortunately superseded by the Max ci @ 3500.00....

OP
OP
J

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yooooo I get a laser on my passport!! I thought it was my cell phone all the sudden setting laser off
I wonder if it has something to do the witless CarPlay? I actually haven’t tried it with my phone plugged into CarPlay.

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
Valentine One works like a champ. I bought the Gen 2 version in 2021 and not sure it is any better than the original. Both are terrific for finding the 5-0.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get false laser alerts from the Face ID on your iPhone triggering it. But I turn laser off anyway because if you are getting lasered (which is targeted) you are already getting a ticket. You won't get stray lasers alerts when a cop is targeting another car like you do with radar.