GEN 2 Issue with ACC relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made some upgrades a few months back while my truck was in the shop being repaired. I had them install a Cobb FMIC, which required the Apollo Optics ACC relocation bracket. This bracket relocates the ACC to the passenger side, which is required for the Cobb FMIC from what I understand. After relocation the shop had a guy come calibrate the ACC module. I'm pretty sure that really happened since it delayed me picking the truck up by a day.

From the get go I noticed the truck would sometimes hit the brakes if I was passing a vehicle on the left, more noticeably with larger vehicles like big rigs. I've put up with it until now, but it is starting to get very annoying. I don't want to take it to a dealership if I don't have to. What are my options to fix it? Can I shim the ACC module with washers to point more to the left? Do I need to call the shop's guy to re-calibrate it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the ADD bracket. If you can, tilt the module down about 10 degrees and see if that helps. I tilted mine, but I need to tile it more. It is a pain to get at it, so for now I don't use adaptive cruise. When I tilted it, it help quite a bit, but sometimes still panics. Apparently the "beam" is a cone, and by tilting it down it reduces the side view, also may reduce the forward range, but not by as much. Hope this helps.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you know if both the vertical and horizontal alignment procedures were performed? The vertical procedure involves placing a combination square/level on the CCM face and adjusting the screws until the module is perfectly vertical. The horizontal alignment is performed with IDS.

If both were performed, the issue is most likely the result of the relocation. The software in the module has no idea that the physical location has changed, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that was causing the issues you’re experiencing.

James Min

Reaction score
please let me know your solutions too as I got the ACC relocation bracket from apollo optics too and they detect all cars from the right. What has helped is that when you use ACC, press on the gas slightly as you pass other cars on your right so your truck ignores the sensor.

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BajaMod relocation bracket and aside from them sending me the wrong bolts, it worked like a charm first attempt. however, mine is installed on driver side.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the SVC relocation bracket?

I had ADD’s relocation bracket that came with the Stealth Fighter bumper and I had the same issues that OP had except it was when larger vehicles were on the right. It also wasn’t recalibrated.

Now that I have SVC’s intercooler, they installed their relocation bracket and it has never given me any issues.

As for OP’s issue, I would recommend contacting SVC and see if you can one of their relocation brackets. It is mounted to the middle rather than offset.