Is Towing mpg really this bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Image is everything with the Raptor: speed and anger and menacing burnouts.

Speed and burnouts in a Raptor?

IIRC even in the regular F-150, the Ecoboost isn't that great towing either. Want to say the 5.0 did better towing in regards to MPG.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus 87 Octane. Not gonna get the best while not running the best. That being said, the truck is shaped like a brick, it was towing a brick, and he probably was driving like an A**Hole. I chalk that article up to "I don't care!!" Wonder what his MPG and ride quality would have been in that Jeep.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Runs his truck to 4 miles till empty... smh. Guess people don't care to burn up fuel pumps or suck the shit up at the bottom of your tank anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I towed my 19ft enclosed trailer the other day and I got 10.5mpg at 77-80mph. When I towed with my 16 ram hemi 8 sp I got 9.5-10.5mpg at the same speeds

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right tool for the job sort of thing. You can write an article like this about any vehicle and bash it.

Here I can be a Jalopnik writer:

"I was going on a trip so I bought a Honda civic type r because it said it gets good mpg and is sporty but I decided to tow a small trailer with it and all of a sudden it didnt get the advertised MPG. I then tried to go to the race track and do a little drift practice (because type r) but the front wheel drive didnt drift well so that means the car sucks. Then after all that I tried to take it to the drag strip and race against a Hellcat and I didnt win so therefor the type R sucks. To wrap it up I tried to do things with the car it wasnt really designed for so therefor I came to the conclusion its not a good car and is overhyped..."