Is this what it feels like when the shocks need to be rebuilt? Bouncy/jarring at higher speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with Texas shock works. The are located in Texas and can get you on your original rebuilt shocks and on the road in 4-6 hours time. If your no local to Hammer or TSW or any other local rebuilder, there are shock exchange programs from all the above mentioned guys. They ship you a set of rebuilt shocks and any local tuner or off road shop can do the shock swap for you. You then ship back your old shocks and the core charge is refunded to you.

I can vouch for TSW because the hold a warranty on their products and services. They have a lot of customization on valving if your after that too. Shocks are to be rebuilt anywhere from 5k to 50k miles dependent on use.

2019 SCREW rebuilt @ 40ish k miles

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local shop in MD, Angry Pumpkin Offroad, is moving to Utah. One guy, reasonably priced and takes the time to answer questions. Good source for Raptor knowledge and he's building a mobile shop to take to desert runs/meets. Sux for me that hes moving.
Angry Pumpkin Offroad

OP
OP
970rap

970rap

Reaction score
Thought I'd update this in case others locate the topic via search. I replaced my shocks with a rebuilt set through Shocks by Hammer, which resulted in immediate improvement and no more excessive bouncing or jarring at speeds.

I believe I initially paid about $1600 for exchange which included the addition of schrader valves, a tiny gauge to take pressure readings, and round-trip shipping to Colorado. I received $385 back upon returning my old set, down from the max of $600 mostly due to one of my rear shock shafts being bent, which required a full replacement. I paid something like $600 for the install at an off-road shop, which included an alignment and SPC alignment cams, which the shop recommended although I have no idea if it was necessary or even useful.

Very happy I got this done. If you are starting to doubt your ride, replace those shocks!

pavendort

Reaction score
Night and day difference when I had mine rebuilt at around 85k (I assume they haven't been rebuilt at all by previous owner as it was a freeway only truck). That and the Deavers made it a totally different truck. Mine were done at Texas Shock Works as well while I took an Uber to get lunch.