is this price crazy or absolutely insane?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AKS

Reaction score
His name is Cole and he is an owner of CJC Off-road in SoCal. A premier shop for HD straight axle Ram and Ford trucks. He is absolutely a straight shooter and would never take advantage of anyone, so for those of you signaling deviance, you’re wrong.

You all have never see this truck in person, and your remarks about what you think is or is not done to this truck and the value it carries is nothing short of ignorant. If he was to explain every little thing that was done to this truck, the Ad would be two pages long. If your interested, then contact him and learn more, if not, then move on.

It appears to be awfully simple for the OP to spend his free time looking to post on a forum asking for opinions about a trucks asking price, when clearly his opinion is already confirmed. “I got an idea... let me copy and paste an ad from CL on the Raptor forum so we can all talk s*** on somebody else’s sale, nothing else to do, and I haven’t reached my post minimum this week.” This forum is losing its value and quality. Still some amazing forum members and tremendous information, but you gotta sift through a ton of shit to find it nowadays. So many experts... hah!

In SOCAL trucks are still selling for 10-15 over sticker, the SCAB is becoming a unicorn, and most of you know, you start your price high, let them offer you less, and the buyer feels like they are winning.

Will he get $90,000, probably not, but his audience is far greater then anyone on this forum. You all wish you could have as many people looking at your used Raptor as he does. This dude and his shop are extremely connected in the off-road world, they have built chase trucks for the biggest names you can imagine. CJC are good people with a tremendous reputation, so don’t use your opinion on the pricing of a truck to determine character values and morals.

Personally, I’m not offended by your interactions and remarks, but because I know these dudes and there shop well, I get the need to say something. Cole and the the shop guys will never see this thread, they don’t subscribe, so I’ll speak up.

Peace out y’all!! Trump 2020

you right... car modification shops never take advantage of anyone

if there is so much done to the truck why not just include it in the ad? asking 90k but doesnt include all the mods... totally makes sense (probably really has a v10 too)

this forum helps ********* like me not go out and buy overpriced trucks... even your clownish post was very useful to provide some insight on the add... thank you for adding to the convo

Daniel Hennek

Reaction score
Why would the craigslist sidebar say it was a V10 but no mention in the actual ad of an engine swap? Seems suspect to not mention by far the biggest and most expensive upgrade. That leads me to believe it's the stock engine and a typo or technology glitch.

These are the types of ads you should laugh at and scroll on. Fanboys can get all worked up over all sorts of things but usually they are not thinking about what something is actually worth. You'll see it with boats, cars, ATV's, side by sides, you name it. People aren't generally good with understanding how money works and how assets are valued.

Sometimes overpriced ads like this fetch those ridiculous prices from people who have more money than sense, so sometimes it is "worth it" because anything is "worth" what someone will pay. There's always those people that think they bought something for 70k, put 20k into it so it's worth 90k. That works with real estate because it's an appreciating asset. Automobiles are depreciating assets aside from the rare scenario of an ACTUAL collector item and this truck will NEVER be a collector item. If you go buy a $90,000 truck with 24k miles because some dude with a shop bolted some parts on instead of a brand new 2020 with 0 miles for $20,000 cheaper you're deciding that you'd rather not think about the pesky little issue of your money and net worth. Don't discount the depreciation hit from a 2 year old truck with 24k miles.

Furthermore, all the "leaked news" stories about the next Raptor might be wrong but it will be coming soon. As soon as it's officially announced all previous year vehicles take a hit in value because the market of new buyers will shrink immediately when the people who are willing to wait decide to see what the next model year brings. Not everyone gets all panicky because of their FOMO.

And look at some of the things he put on the list of "Mods"
-new tires
-2 keys
-Manuals
-floor mats
-"customized California plate"

Really stretching to put things on that list so my guess is that there is not a bunch of stuff done to this thing that is "too much to list", but the suggestion was funny...