Is This Forum the Wild, Wild West?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I repeat, don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way politically correct. In fact, I think it's outrageous with politicians, newscasters, losing their jobs for things they may have done decades ago.

I got into forums back in 2004 when I got my VW Touareg and Googled things about it.

Forums are a very helpful place and also give me hours of laughter. Posters are both funny and raw.

I've participated, under the same screen name, in photography forums, car forums, garage forums, etc.

In 15+ years of doing so, I've yet to run into a forum where cussing is allowed until here.

For those of you who are familiar with NY, where I was born (I never say where I grew up as I never did), the Bronx was a battleground when I was a kid. I had more 4 letter words leave my lips than phlegm.

It wasn't until I moved up to the staid county of Westchester and my new buddy heard my foul mouth, he asked me what gives, and I seriously cut down on my cursing over the years. It didn't happen overnight.

Is it because this is a truck forum, where tough guys/gals hang out, that literally anything goes? People do battle, call others **********, etc?

I'm not saying I mind it. Well, ok, I'm not thrilled being called a *********, but sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never harm me. At least that's what I, like a baby, used to yell at my friends when they insulted me when I was a wee tot. :lol:

So are there mods here? Do they do anything to tone down the rhetoric, the personal attacks? Or is that just the way it is?

Whatever is the fact, I ain't leaving. I like this place.

Just don't call me a ********* or I'll run your sorry ass over under my Bridgestones.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a forum. Just skip any idiots and go to what YOU want to read.

I look at this forum as a great educator, and so I ask questions I have no answer for.

Like has anyone seen their oil level go down? Mine is constant at 3/4. I check now every 2k miles because folks post here on the issue, but really I do not want to check the oil level that much, as I am used to just checking the level at each oil change, and thats it.

Facts matter, your opinion is just that.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been on a few since about '01 and this is the first that (with the most recent update) automatically filters obscenity. WTF? Sure it doesn't need to be every other word but sometimes it's appropriate, without wading through a hundred emoticons. And there's not a lot of twelve-year-olds lurking so :devilfinger:

And I woouldn't call anyone a ********* even if they deserve it (they already know they are). Except maybe that @Shaggy guy. Or @smurfslayer or @zombiekiller. F those guys. JUST KIDDING!!!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes...this is my 5th car forum i have been active on....

Mustang
Audi
Volvo
Mustang
Audi
Raptor

this one has no moderators and the trolls are pretty bad. you just have to ignore them in your profile and they go away. you recognize the posters who provide value and those who dont. the "like" feature is great for this.

Last edited:

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys on the forum are very sensitive to any challenges to the Raptors viability. If you post something that could be perceived as a slight toward their beloved vehicle, you will be assaulted.

Also any differing opinion on a technical matter will result in the same sort of name calling and bashing.

I sum it up to Ford demographics.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure we would all agree that it's okay to share your opinion once and move on with it. The problem comes into play whenever you have the same few guys (you all know who I'm talking about) that never have anything positive to say about the Raptor. They keep saying the same thing over and over and over again. People get tired of that.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also any differing opinion on a technical matter will result in the same sort of name calling and bashing.

I sum it up to Ford demographics.

Its a truck demographic, not Ford specific. I hear the same 'My Chevy, My Ram, My Tacoma is better than your Ford' daily at work. Call it passion, difference of opinion, or whatever. I just call it FAKE NEWS. HA