Is this a problem? (noticed it when cleaning roof yesterday)...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a problem or not but noticed this abnormality on the roof. No idea what the proper name for it is but its the metal that runs next to where the top of door shuts. Doesnt meet the door, about an inch in.

I posted the abnormal looking (is it a weld?) and circled in red. Its not cracked or anything though the pic makes it look that way for some reason. glare maybe.

Compared to the other side (drivers side door) and what that looks like (not abby normal) in green. ($.0.05 for first person who gets the reference)

Thanks for the feedback!
PXL_20220927_132824747_2.jpg

PXL_20220927_132841535_2.jpg

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
That does not look normal to me. Now, it is up to you as to whether it will bother you enough to take it to the dealer to have it fixed. You then run the risk of paint not matching up. If it does not cause water or air to enter, there’s a case to be made to just forget about it. But, with a brand new truck, it’s not that easy.

OP
OP
gdflynn1

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feeback. Yeah, it annoys me. Just not sure what its purpose is in order to determine how much aggravation I want to deal with fighting for a warranty repair. Here is another (better) picture of the imperfection.

PXL_20220927_135539755_2.jpg

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was 7’2 and I had to look at that then I would be mad but that is like rock chips in the inside of the rear wheel wells . It there but do I ever see it or care, not really but it all depends on your OCD

OP
OP
gdflynn1

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was 7’2 and I had to look at that then I would be mad but that is like rock chips in the inside of the rear wheel wells . It there but do I ever see it or care, not really but it all depends on your OCD
LOL. Perhaps a good time to increase my Xanax dose