Is this a problem? (noticed it when cleaning roof yesterday)...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the seal between the roof and side sheet metal. You can probably mash it around with your finger as it is just like a really wide bead of silicone that they lay down before they paint the truck. They no longer put strip of rubber up there.

Here is close up pic of it when I drilled through mine to insert rivnuts in my roof for my rack. The white layer is the seal and the lower gray layer is the sheet metal.

IMG_1070.JPG

OP
OP
gdflynn1

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the seal between the roof and side sheet metal. You can probably mash it around with your finger as it is just like a really wide bead of silicone that they lay down before they paint the truck. They no longer put strip of rubber up there.

Here is close up pic of it when I drilled through mine to insert rivnuts in my roof for my rack. The white layer is the seal and the lower gray layer is the sheet metal.

View attachment 373596
This makes me feel better. Thanks @figure1a !

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feeback. Yeah, it annoys me. Just not sure what its purpose is in order to determine how much aggravation I want to deal with fighting for a warranty repair. Here is another (better) picture of the imperfection.

View attachment 373418
It will be very difficult to fix. It’s the sheet metal that was used that came from the plant and the imperfection was not caught. You’re talking about taking out the liner In the roof. Removing the panoramic roof. This might all lead to problems in the future with leakage and not working. It’s not worth it leave it alone