Is this a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirt_Crusted_Raptor

Reaction score
I have been looking forever.

SCREW
4800 miles
802, tech, carbon, spray headliner, step gate. Basically loaded minus orange seats.

No scratches or issues, mint. One owner, clean carfax.

$66,000 pre tax and fees.

Comes out to $71,000 even out the door. I have a hard time paying that because out of state I can get a new leadfoot 2018 for $72,500 but shipping is another $2000.

Also I’ve seen a few black ones under 10k go from private party’s go for $64,000 and a lot less tax.

Thoughts? Thank you

OP
OP
D

Dirt_Crusted_Raptor

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I decided to pass on that truck. It’s just hard to pay 71k for a truck with 5000 miles when I can get the same truck new for that price out of state.

I am now looking at leadfoot with 9k miles, method wheels, 35’s and a Icon leveling kit. I would prefer stock but I like the wheeels and leveling kit is easy to replace with springs. About $4,000 less and I haven’t really negotiated yet.

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lead foot is my favorite color tbh, if I could have stretched the extra 10k for a newer 2018 I would have pulled the trigger on a lead.

OP
OP
D

Dirt_Crusted_Raptor

Reaction score
I’m still in the market... The second one with 9k miles and 35’s didn’t work out. I hated the ride with the mudd terrain tires and Icon leveling kit. Felt stiff and loud. So I’m still on the search.

Might get the one for 71k or go
Out of state.

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still in the market... The second one with 9k miles and 35’s didn’t work out. I hated the ride with the mudd terrain tires and Icon leveling kit. Felt stiff and loud. So I’m still on the search.

Might get the one for 71k or go
Out of state.

A lot of people say the icon collars aren’t much of a difference at all ride quality wise, but that’s understandable!

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the leadfoot, so I'm partial to that color. However, that seems a bit high, considering that 2019s can be had for up to $5k below MSRP...

OP
OP
D

Dirt_Crusted_Raptor

Reaction score
Yes that is why paying 71k out the door is a tough pill to swallow. For a 19 spec’d the same on the west coast I’m still looking at close to 80k out the door. I haven’t seen any 19s here in CA under sticker. I’m assuming MSRP is sticker correct?

If I go out of state I need to make sure if it’s new it has the 50 State emissions sticker, which I have found to be a lot more common on the 19s but not all dealers ordered them with it. Also I have to factor is shipping which basically eats up any money you saved on the vehicle cost.

At this point to truly get the savings of buying used I need to either be very patient and act quick when a local deal comes up or buy out of state. I have started looking out towards Texas which I found trucks are about 10% less. It’s also close enough that I can fly out Friday and be back Sunday.