Is this a good deal for a 2022 with 120 miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about replacing my 2017 with a Gen3. I see that a local dealer has a 2022 trade-in with 120 miles on it. They are asking $83,988. When I build a 2023 online and add spray in bed-liner and folding tonneau cover (the only options I am interested in) it comes to around $80K, but that is before the destination charges, fees, and other ADM. This one is silver and has neither of the two options I am interested in, but I could add them myself. What do you think would be a good deal on this 2022? I'm not in a hurry to replace my 2017 but if I could get a deal I would do it. I've never been good at negotiating with dealers, I hate it actually.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
at 120 miles it’s practically new, is there a carfax report on it, service history or repairs (collision)?

801a? Options?
If it’s loaded, it’s in the right ballpark.

If it does NOT have the moonroof, get it, no questions asked.
If it does have the moonroof, that’s not necessarily a deal breaker, but non moonroof Raptors are like hen’s teeth.

If you have a good truck history, no collisions reported or obvious then I think it’s worth engaging on. You’re getting 5 years newer tech, more mod flexibility, better suspension. I’d be underneath their ask, probably around ... 80-81 but again without knowing the options it’s hard to say exactly.

OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've emailed the dealership and they sent me the vin and the sticker. Seems to be an 800A package only. I have gotten used to the 360 camera in my 2017. I could live without the moonroof, but I also use the tailgate step quite a bit. MSRP on this new was $70,555. Looks like it had the auto start-stop delete on it, which I didn't even know was an option. I hate the auto stop "feature".

OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Prosper Ford up the road from you.
They one they have has most options for a 35 except the beadlock wheels and only a few K more.
Hopefully their sales department is better than their service.
https://www.prosperford.com/used/Ford/2022-Ford-F-150-5b8c078a0a0e087f1d37281b23e8f109.htm
Thanks. I think the lack of the 801A package would be a deal-breaker for me on the local one. I don't know what it is with Ford Service, but the Frisco dealership is pretty bad. I took it to the McKinney dealer last time I needed service and it was a lot better experience. I need to take my Gen2 in for the master cylinder/brake booster recall and I couldn't even schedule a timeslot that wasn't a month out. McKinney is taking it this Thursday.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never been good at negotiating with dealers, I hate it actually.
They count on that. Even the best amateur is at a disadvantage at a stealership. Pro tip: You can get a good price on the new vehicle if you let them swindle you on your trade ....