Is there something wrong with my ASS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the first time I’m seeing someone actually talk about using the ASS while driving.
Prior to my Cobb tuner I would push the ASS button to disable it upon every startup.
LOL I'm too lazy. ASS annoyed me at first, but now it's just another tech thing to shake my head over. It helps stave off the boredom of driving. I'm not planning on keeping this truck for 100k+ like I usually do, so ICGAF whether there's a little extra wear in there. :) I do turn it off with my right foot on a case by case basis. I will hit the button if it's stop sign after stop sign as far as I can see, but otherwise I don't bother. Since it doesn't affect how I drive, it's really not that important to me and I don't want to compromise battery management by turning it off with Forscan. I drove up to get my compressor last night. My ASS worked perfectly. With the headlights on. I think I'll just leave the trip menu in ASS mode and scroll over to see what it says next time it acts unexpectedly. As long as my battery is good, I'm fine with whatever ASS wants to do.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I'm too lazy. ASS annoyed me at first, but now it's just another tech thing to shake my head over. It helps stave off the boredom of driving. I'm not planning on keeping this truck for 100k+ like I usually do, so ICGAF whether there's a little extra wear in there. :) I do turn it off with my right foot on a case by case basis. I will hit the button if it's stop sign after stop sign as far as I can see, but otherwise I don't bother. Since it doesn't affect how I drive, it's really not that important to me and I don't want to compromise battery management by turning it off with Forscan. I drove up to get my compressor last night. My ASS worked perfectly. With the headlights on. I think I'll just leave the trip menu in ASS mode and scroll over to see what it says next time it acts unexpectedly. As long as my battery is good, I'm fine with whatever ASS wants to do.
To each their own. For me, it’s a control thing. It’s a machine and I tell it when to start and when to stop. I don’t really care about the MPG the ASS may increase.

Similar to me disabling the seatbelt **** reminder, even though I wear the seatbelt. Again, machine (that I paid for) does not dictate to me.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I figured out what's wrong with my ASS! It happened yesterday at my usual exit for home. I was first in line where the lane curves quite a bit. When I scrolled over to the ASS menu, it said it was off because the wheels were turned. I straightened them slightly and it shut the motor off. It doesn't take much of a turn to disable it, at least on my truck.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find. I’ve not ever experienced that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20