Is there something wrong with my ASS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It shuts the engine off kind of randomly. Often after I get off the freeway having driven 20 minutes or more it doesn't shut the engine down at a stoplight. Other times, driving around town partly warmed up, it shuts off at every light. Other times not, even fully warmed up. This is without the heater, or the seat heater, or the A/C, or the lights, and I'm coming to a full stop with no creeping so I see no obvious reason that it shouldn't be working. It seems like the one time it should always work is after some highway driving. It makes me wonder if my battery is going south because this is new behavior. Do these trucks do some weird **** with battery management where alternately charge and allow discharge of the battery during extended driving? What could be going on here?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The instrument Cluster will tell you what the ASS is doing. May be worth looking at if your curious.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do know A.S.S gets wonky when your battery is going south. I only experienced the engine shut off once . On my test drive to buy it. I disabled it when I left the dealership after purchase I Unplugged little plug under dash to silver box in the parking lot . I don't play those ASS games.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The instrument Cluster will tell you what the ASS is doing. May be worth looking at if your curious.
Is there a special menu or are you talking about the little symbol that appears when it's disabled?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing but I think the ASS is activated by a switch on the brake pedal. Before ********/Cobb, I would lightly press the pedal so the ASS wouldn't activate.

Could be the switch. Low battery makes sense too.