Is there going to be a V8 for 2019 or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is developing a V8, and it is supposed to be introduced in this coming year. But it is really designed for their motor home chassis and the super duty trucks. To say it will never get into a Raptor would be a stretch, but not for a while if ever, The rumor is that the gas mileage sucks, which is why it will be in the HD trucks, as the fuel mileage does not apply to them. My 2 cents.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is developing a V8, and it is supposed to be introduced in this coming year. But it is really designed for their motor home chassis and the super duty trucks. To say it will never get into a Raptor would be a stretch, but not for a while if ever, The rumor is that the gas mileage sucks, which is why it will be in the HD trucks, as the fuel mileage does not apply to them. My 2 cents.

I heard it was going to be introduced for the 2019.5 model refresh

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This ^^^^ I have the current 6.8L V-10 with 362hp/457tq and it indeed needs "more".

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course Ford is coming out with a monster 7.0L V-8 motor in the Ford Raptor. It's coming next year. Wait for it. And if it's not next year it'll for sure be the year after. Wait for it. Or maybe the year after that once the F-150 has hybrid power everyone will buy a 7.0L Raptor. Wait for it!