Is there going to be a V8 for 2019 or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CUinBama

Reaction score
After months of looking for what I want, found a new 2018 exactly like what I want (Well, except for the graphics...they will be coming off!)

Am planning to go get it Saturday — but now I see all this about a 7.0L V8 for 2019. Is it true or not, and if so, when?

Totaled my car on Tuesday and really want the orange inserts for the seats, so am ready to pull trigger, but, man, I would rather have a V8.

Can anyone confirm V8 rumors for 2019?

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he is correct, had 2 different ford dealerships tell me the v8s are getting phased out. way too much time & money in the EcoBoost. I've had nothing but v8s since 1998, this is my 1st v6. truck is bad ass, sounds like shit is only knock I have on truck. I love the truck and so does wife and jealous friends.

OP
OP
CUinBama

CUinBama

Reaction score
Thanks--and hoping/praying y'all are correct! I guess the only reason I even gave the "rumors" a second look was because they appeared to be on Ford dealer sites and there were headlines like this. Just "Google Ford Raptor 2019 V8"

How Has the All-New 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor Improved Upon the Impressive Legacy of the 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor?
There’s no doubting that the 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor was one of the most powerful and capable trucks ever created – and that’s true whether you’re operating it under normal everyday conditions or taking it on off-road adventures. There’s also no doubting that the all-new 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor takes everything you know and love about the 2018 F-150 Raptor and ups the ante in some seriously fun ways.

And it all starts under the hood, where you’ll find an all-new 7.0-liter DOHC V8 engine that makes the 2019 F-150 the most power and most capable new Ford F-150 Raptor ever created – even more powerful than the 2018 F-150 Raptor and its 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine.

But the 2019 F-150 Raptor has been upgraded and enhanced in other ways, as well, including adding new class-exclusive FOX 3.0 Internal Bypass Shocks™, an all-new Live Valve Suspension and an all-new Trail Control system – three features the 2018 F-150 Raptor did not include.

For more on the 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor and the 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor, please contact our staff here at Akins Ford near Atlanta, GA.

Report: 2019 F-150 Raptor To Receive Ford’s New 7.0L DOHC V8 Motor
Posted on September 4, 2018 by SpeedTwitch

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hells ya a v8 is coming in ‘19 mid release. 4 sho yo. money in the bank

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No...

I bought the last V8 Ford produced and they PROMISED me they would never make another one.

There, you read it on the internet so it has to be true.

redpatron1

Reaction score
its probably never going to happen on the raptor, it makes no sense for ford. The car isn't meant to pull tree stubs, thats what their super dutys are for. Also, The idea of Raptors at $85-90k msrp is something a lot of people are going to frown upon.