Is there an issue with the B&O sound system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if speaker design is done correctly...you should never be able to "localize" where sound is coming from. The ceiling speakers are just "fill".

the B&O systems actually sounds pretty good at low to medium volume levels. Just trust it for what it is. Where B&O falls on it's face is when you try to get any volume out of the system at all.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish Ford would go to McIntosh, Polk, Harmon which all sound better to me.

the problem is.....all those names are just marketing. they contribute very little to actual design and improvements. regardless of the name on the system, it is ford designers and been counters keeping the quality down.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had an issue in my GT350 where my aftermarket amp also amplified the active noise cancelation so there was always a hint of static pumping throug the speakers. Has anyone also had issues with this when upgrading audio components in the raptors?
you have to disable the anc mic. usually its in the headliner. cut the wires and good to go. unless you want to drop the headliner and disconnect it. its the only way to get to the mic. you cant access it from the front

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let’s see.
first I added the 8” kicker sub and amp. Ok, but bass roll off doesn’t go away with stock amp.

replaced speakers all around, which would have been ok if I’d planned better, but I just put in straight coax pioneers. Sure, better than stock but not where I ended up.

I then replaced the front coax with Focal components, new amp, then the MTI sub enclosure...

OTOH, I really didn’t want to drop the $$$ to do it right the first time in ’17, I really had other plans for that money but if I’d been more savvy about it, I’d have repurposed the money to the Rap and done it correctly the first time.
yeah, you effed up.

HOUTiger

Reaction score
Is there any fix to the rattle in the headliner speaker other than upgrade? I usually just listen to podcasts and I don’t think I’ll ever get the value of a high end system, but this rattle is new and killing me