Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Is there a TSB for sunroof leak?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by jabroni619, May 14, 2019.

1. jabroni619

jabroni619 FRF Addict

I posted this on a Raptor group page on FB and someone mentioned there’s a TSB for the pano roof but didn’t have a link. Does such a TSB exist and does anyone have a link? I’ve attached pics of what I’m experiencing.

6971B7E1-1CD1-43B4-8AE7-13E24405C6F9.jpeg 6BD26F8F-71F9-4472-9B79-5B6F471966D3.jpeg

2. Badgertits

Badgertits Full Access Member

I think I posted some info on this, you may wanna check the regular F150 forum - alot more responders/info since this isn't "raptor specific" - how many miles on your truck? How often you use the roof? Do you "pop & vent it" before doing the "1 touch drop & open" function? Did/do you hear any rattling from sunroof area? Have you ever cleaned/inspected the drain tubes or trays? Have you ever cleaned/lubricated the weather gasket on movable panel & front of fixed panel?

One of the first things I did after getting my Raptor - that was new but had been sitting on dealer lot for 5 months - was do a good thorough cleaning of the drain channels & the weathergasket after about 1k miles. I used some of the recommended "grytox" grease on the weather gaskets for the moonroof panels, did it again just recently @ 5k miles. Will do so every 6 months I think.

My wild guess is if there's no malfunction w/ your sunroof & it isn't getting stuck in a position & the rail tabs havent snapped (google it - or look on youtube & check your own truck - plastic pieces break off clog up function of the moonroof and/or the drain tubes) then you may have a clogged or disconnected drainage tube for the roof - I think they go down the A-pillar, there were reports of BRAND NEW vehicles experiencing a leak & it was due to the drainage tube being disconnected or pinched somehow.

Even If the tubes aren't pinched/disconnected/clogged even if they haven't been cleaned in a long time & are gunked up like a dirty water pipe you get less flow, & if you go through a crazy car wash or major downpours the water infiltration could also have overcome the amount that could pass through the tubes too.

3. jabroni619

jabroni619 FRF Addict

I don't use it often, but I have opened it fully and cracked it open on a few occasions and it always functioned normally. No squeaks. I have not done any sort of maintenance to the roof. The truck has about 23.5k miles on it so far. I did blow some compressed air through the drain hole earlier today and emptied a water bottle inside the sunroof gutters, it all drained inside the tube and existed from somewhere behind the passenger front tire, so drain tube appears to be connected and not plugged up. I don't know if it was never plugged or if the compressed air cleared the blockage out.

Guess I'll just hold out for the next rain storm which should be tomorrow and see what happens. The satellite radio antenna is also on the list of suspects.

4. Badgertits

Badgertits Full Access Member

The sat fin & 3rd brake light can leak on ALL trucks - even Toyotas (oh the horror!) - had 3rd brake light leak on a GMC & a Tundra.

Honestly I thought about just throwing a bead of clear silicone at the top of the brake light & around sat antenna, wouldn't be visible, makes it water tight, only time I ever had to remove either on a truck was due to a leak anyhow, & by the time an LED brake light could possibly go out the silicone wouldn't make a much a diff then anyhow, right?

5. 10SpdsOfFury

10SpdsOfFury FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I was getting wind noise and the dealer said there is a TSB and they replaced the whole thing with glass and new seals which apparently are upgraded. Not sure what year yours is but they said the 18/19 got the new seals. I think they said 15-17’s had the old setup.

6. Rapt-up

Rapt-up Full Access Member

Thanks for the clarification on which models may be affected.