Is there a TSB for sunroof leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I posted this on a Raptor group page on FB and someone mentioned there’s a TSB for the pano roof but didn’t have a link. Does such a TSB exist and does anyone have a link? I’ve attached pics of what I’m experiencing.

6971B7E1-1CD1-43B4-8AE7-13E24405C6F9.jpeg 6BD26F8F-71F9-4472-9B79-5B6F471966D3.jpeg

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I posted some info on this, you may wanna check the regular F150 forum - alot more responders/info since this isn't "raptor specific" - how many miles on your truck? How often you use the roof? Do you "pop & vent it" before doing the "1 touch drop & open" function? Did/do you hear any rattling from sunroof area? Have you ever cleaned/inspected the drain tubes or trays? Have you ever cleaned/lubricated the weather gasket on movable panel & front of fixed panel?

One of the first things I did after getting my Raptor - that was new but had been sitting on dealer lot for 5 months - was do a good thorough cleaning of the drain channels & the weathergasket after about 1k miles. I used some of the recommended "grytox" grease on the weather gaskets for the moonroof panels, did it again just recently @ 5k miles. Will do so every 6 months I think.

My wild guess is if there's no malfunction w/ your sunroof & it isn't getting stuck in a position & the rail tabs havent snapped (google it - or look on youtube & check your own truck - plastic pieces break off clog up function of the moonroof and/or the drain tubes) then you may have a clogged or disconnected drainage tube for the roof - I think they go down the A-pillar, there were reports of BRAND NEW vehicles experiencing a leak & it was due to the drainage tube being disconnected or pinched somehow.

Even If the tubes aren't pinched/disconnected/clogged even if they haven't been cleaned in a long time & are gunked up like a dirty water pipe you get less flow, & if you go through a crazy car wash or major downpours the water infiltration could also have overcome the amount that could pass through the tubes too.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't use it often, but I have opened it fully and cracked it open on a few occasions and it always functioned normally. No squeaks. I have not done any sort of maintenance to the roof. The truck has about 23.5k miles on it so far. I did blow some compressed air through the drain hole earlier today and emptied a water bottle inside the sunroof gutters, it all drained inside the tube and existed from somewhere behind the passenger front tire, so drain tube appears to be connected and not plugged up. I don't know if it was never plugged or if the compressed air cleared the blockage out.

Guess I'll just hold out for the next rain storm which should be tomorrow and see what happens. The satellite radio antenna is also on the list of suspects.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't use it often, but I have opened it fully and cracked it open on a few occasions and it always functioned normally. No squeaks. I have not done any sort of maintenance to the roof. The truck has about 23.5k miles on it so far. I did blow some compressed air through the drain hole earlier today and emptied a water bottle inside the sunroof gutters, it all drained inside the tube and existed from somewhere behind the passenger front tire, so drain tube appears to be connected and not plugged up. I don't know if it was never plugged or if the compressed air cleared the blockage out.

Guess I'll just hold out for the next rain storm which should be tomorrow and see what happens. The satellite radio antenna is also on the list of suspects.

The sat fin & 3rd brake light can leak on ALL trucks - even Toyotas (oh the horror!) - had 3rd brake light leak on a GMC & a Tundra.

Honestly I thought about just throwing a bead of clear silicone at the top of the brake light & around sat antenna, wouldn't be visible, makes it water tight, only time I ever had to remove either on a truck was due to a leak anyhow, & by the time an LED brake light could possibly go out the silicone wouldn't make a much a diff then anyhow, right?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was getting wind noise and the dealer said there is a TSB and they replaced the whole thing with glass and new seals which apparently are upgraded. Not sure what year yours is but they said the 18/19 got the new seals. I think they said 15-17’s had the old setup.

Rapt-up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting wind noise and the dealer said there is a TSB and they replaced the whole thing with glass and new seals which apparently are upgraded. Not sure what year yours is but they said the 18/19 got the new seals. I think they said 15-17’s had the old setup.
Thanks for the clarification on which models may be affected.

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had this issue since I had my 16 F-150 with the moon roof. Now my 18 and my wife's 18 Expo both leak.

I think it is an alignment/seal issue they can get it not to leak for a while but once you open the roof again all bets are off.

Rod D

Reaction score
I made an appointment for my 2019 with less than 6000 miles for a leaky sunroof. Recently going through the car wash I noticed water dripping on my left leg which was coming from the a pillar near the left handle. After doing some investigation and opening the shade all the way back and using a flashlight I discovered that the sunroof leaks were the two windows are joined together. On the outside Of the window using a straight edge I could see that the windows don’t sit flush together. The dealer told me this was a common problem.

image98

Reaction score
I recently took my 17 in for the pillar insulation recall. That same morning, on the way to the dealership, my sun roof made popping noise while opening. I hadn't experienced any leaks, but I told them about the noise and they said they would take a look at the sun roof. The dealership they re aligned and replaced some seals, all under warranty. I would definitely recommend taking your truck to the dealership and they should make you right TSB or not.