is there a Service Bulleting for faulty Cam Phasers yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TucsonRaptor

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Chris and I am a new member here. I had the Cam Phasers replaced on my '19 Raptor SCREW yesterday with 16K miles and the truck is running great and no more rattle noise. I have attached the service ticket incase anyone wanted to see what parts were replaced for this service. Thanks everyone for sharing on this thread.

Attachments

• Cam Phaser Service.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 79

Raptorrunner

Reaction score
Dealership is saying it's due to oil consumption, not cam phasers. the technician, when scanning the code before me turning it in mentioned cam shaft sensor B.[emoji3166] they also mentioned it was built in Dec 2019, which I guess is when the revised cam phasers were put in(?).

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealership is saying it's due to oil consumption, not cam phasers. the technician, when scanning the code before me turning it in mentioned cam shaft sensor B.[emoji3166] they also mentioned it was built in Dec 2019, which I guess is when the revised cam phasers were put in(?).

I believe I read on this forum that the revised phasers were put into trucks after mid 2018 build date. There is still the possibility they can fail as a faulty revised part, but it should be the updated part number. Maybe @FordTechOne can confirm the month/year build dates that these parts went in to trucks?

EDIT: Looks like I answered my own question by looking a few pages back. See below:

Correct, new service parts were released late summer/early fall of 2019. Updated parts were in production 07/18.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you get low on oil, DTCs can set for the camshaft position sensors. It’s unrelated to the camshaft phaser noise concern described in this thread.

There is a TSB for oil consumption. Since your truck was build 12/19, you already have the updated valve covers, so the dealer just needs to update the PCM calibration.

Raptorrunner

Reaction score
If you get low on oil, DTCs can set for the camshaft position sensors. It’s unrelated to the camshaft phaser noise concern described in this thread.

There is a TSB for oil consumption. Since your truck was build 12/19, you already have the updated valve covers, so the dealer just needs to update the PCM calibration.
Ah ok thank you! They are doing an oil study and mentioned updating the PCM today.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Chris and I am a new member here. I had the Cam Phasers replaced on my '19 Raptor SCREW yesterday with 16K miles and the truck is running great and no more rattle noise. I have attached the service ticket incase anyone wanted to see what parts were replaced for this service. Thanks everyone for sharing on this thread.
That's a lot of parts! Distilled water, yeah okay there! Wonder what the labor hrs were.