Is there a parts manual for the oem raptor shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FOX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well this really blows as I just bought a 4 of these...

Are the tools really "that specialty" or is that just a "fox and ford agreed only we can say we service them so the average guy has to spend more money" kinda deal?

Also anybody have info on putting the shader valves in? If I can't revalve, at least maybe I can play with the nitrogen charge amounts.

The OEM SVT FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass shock is a proprietary shock built for FORD and not as a aftermarket tunable shock. A service manual for the OEM SVT FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass shock unfortunately does not exist.

The parts used in the OEM SVT FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass are very similar to our Factory Series 2.5 Internal Bypass race shocks. You will find exploded views, oil levels, valving information, and other manuals for the FOX Factory Series 2.5 Internal Bypass on our website: FOX Factory Series 2.5 Internal Bypass

Yes the OEM SVT FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass shock does require some specialty tools to service the shocks like a needle nitrogen fill valve. The reason for the needle nitrogen fill style valve is to keep a general consumer from mistakenly discharging the shocks nitrogen pressure. Other forum members have installed Schedar valves to these shocks.

FOX unfortunately cannot provide any information on this modification or any other modifications to the OEM SVT FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass shock that is proprietary to FORD.

Deuling

Reaction score
The OEM SVT FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass shock is a proprietary shock built for FORD and not as a aftermarket tunable shock. A service manual for the OEM SVT FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass shock unfortunately does not exist.

The parts used in the OEM SVT FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass are very similar to our Factory Series 2.5 Internal Bypass race shocks. You will find exploded views, oil levels, valving information, and other manuals for the FOX Factory Series 2.5 Internal Bypass on our website: FOX Factory Series 2.5 Internal Bypass

Yes the OEM SVT FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass shock does require some specialty tools to service the shocks like a needle nitrogen fill valve. The reason for the needle nitrogen fill style valve is to keep a general consumer from mistakenly discharging the shocks nitrogen pressure. Other forum members have installed Schedar valves to these shocks.

FOX unfortunately cannot provide any information on this modification or any other modifications to the OEM SVT FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass shock that is proprietary to FORD.

You can just say "hey we cant give you info cuz its in an agreement with ford dammit"

I will understand :D

zpd426

Reaction score
So what will happen if I try to use a nitrogen needle for a dirtbike fork? Does anyone know what size needle I need?

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Read between the lines. "Very similar" sounds to me like just rebuild as if a standard 2.5 and change the valve when it's apart...joe

Tmesic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read between the lines. "Very similar" sounds to me like just rebuild as if a standard 2.5 and change the valve when it's apart...joe

That's it for sure, I took all four of mine to Foddrill Motor sports in Peoria Arizona and they rebuilt all four and installed schrader valves so I can use my nitrogen set up from my sand car to keep them charged. Part of the issue for fox is all the parts are proprietary to Ford , so the similar thing is CYA . Tim

pmharris423

Reaction score
Speaking of leaking shocks...my stock back ones for sure are leaking and the front shocks I haven't really noticed or worried about, but before I send them off I'd like maybe an estimate of how long my truck will be sitting on blocks. It's my daily driver, has about 60k miles, and I'm down in South Georgia so shipping might take a while. Might also add its a 2010 supercab.

FOX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of leaking shocks...my stock back ones for sure are leaking and the front shocks I haven't really noticed or worried about, but before I send them off I'd like maybe an estimate of how long my truck will be sitting on blocks. It's my daily driver, has about 60k miles, and I'm down in South Georgia so shipping might take a while. Might also add its a 2010 supercab.

3-4 Days plus shipping in both directions.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you wish to continue,
You will need a needle to bleed and charge the shock. Same needles as bike shocks using self healing rubber. there is a *** of plastic that would need to be removed first. If you have not "F'd" with gas shocks you should not goof with them for safety to your'self as it can pop out
If you choose (as I have) to explore you need min.
needle to de-gas
Nitrogen tank with high secondary side to 200+ psi
I suggest getting and installing shraders
a 1/4" spanner wrench
a full compliment of valve shims
Rebuild seal kits for the shock, as the seals can be nicked or worn and when you are there take the time to change then, not after they are leaking
enough shock oil to fill any/all shocks you are playing with.
** if doing front shocks, strut compressors, and torque wrench to 400 lbs. + not everyone has one!!! ** not really sure why the front shocks are gassed after being in them, due to their funky prititary design, seems like the end void is a waste and should have been ported to allow for more oil capacity for cooling.
***!!! FYI, I have plugged and redrilled by-pass holes to a progressive style and to complment the mid-perch setting.

Be aware of what you are getting yourself into!!!!!! I have some 30 years experiance in Fox shocks and I still take my time, especially with gas removal!!!

Deuling

Reaction score
I will be starting the process of tearing these down and revalving them. I am using mine on a different application, and the valving does not work well on the rebound side.

If you guys would like, I can take pics and measurements. I removed the pressure without being killed, loosen the allen head set screw and the air came out. There is just a small piece of rubber underneath it that will pop right out.

Push the cap down and remove the snap ring with some snap ring pliers.

Tonight I will be drilling and tapping the caps to take shrader valves, as I find them much better and easier to fill.

You can see the piston in the last pic, inside the resi. There is nothing scary inside of it.

Attachments

• shock 2.jpg
    shock 2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 80
  • shock 1.jpg
    shock 1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 68
  • shock 3.jpg
    shock 3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 74