Is there a ******** for dummies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I`m in the same boat as you. I had my head driven into the pavement when I was T ***** by a car while on my motorcycle. Closed head injury is what they called it, more like brain slosh. Thank God I has a full face helmet on. I want to do the same to my truck as you want to do, with out f***ing anything up.
I can`t tell you how many times my wife has said "Do`t you remember this" If it were a dollar each time I`d have another Raptor in thew driveway

I had several concussions from when I was racing bikes. It's VERY similar to the day or 2 after except it stays with you. The surgeon said it's basically a closed head injury that was done on purpose and it's very similar as far as the outcome being a roll of the dice. This is way better than being dead though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to play with my ******** today, I kept playing with it and nothing happened! Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Should I try wacking it real hard a few times?

I'm having trouble with the driver install and the unit has a red light. Did you guys need an activation code for a standard license? Unless I'm reading it wrong, I think the activation code is for an extended license? I keep getting a code saying that the USB device I connected has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. I registered on the Forscan forum, but didn't get a code, or see anything about a code being needed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I gave up for now. I sent the adapter back to Amazon. The tool didn't like my almost new Dell XPS. I have HOURS of time wasted trying to get it to work, doing all kinds of shit for the tech at OBDLink EX. Try this, try that, take a screen shot and send it, take another few screenshots and send them, try different downloads and drivers, all to get this message below finally. Like I said to the tech, this wasn't supposed to be a second and third job. :boxed: Maybe down the road I'll try again if it seems like they got the bugs worked out. I only had 1 day left for my Amazon return window. I should have listened to my mom, she always said, "Quit playing with that!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this moment, we have isolated this as a Windows/Hardware-specific issue for certain makes/models of computers/laptops (Lenovo, HP, and Dell computers), specifically with the USB 3.0 port. We are aware of and currently investigating this issue, but unfortunately, we are not aware of any other method to force the download of the correct drivers.

There are a couple options we normally would take to help troubleshoot this.

1. If your computer/laptop has a USB 2.0 port, I would recommend attempting to plug the OBDLink EX into this port.
  2. Updating the USB drivers of this computer,
  3. We also have had customers get around this issue with their computer by adding either a USB hub/Type-C adapter in-between the OBDLink EX and their computer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts