Is the SuperCab Rear Side Glass etching on inside or outside?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question:
What side of the glass is everyone else's SuperCab etchings on? The inside, outside or does it vary per side?

Details:
So I waited 4+ months for Ford to build a 2019 Raptor SuperCab. Was told they were not starting the SuperCab builds till later in the model year. The dealer got it in, called me immediately and I picked it up and did the detail work on it.... to avoid scratches. There was an extremely deep scratch on the outside of the rear drivers side glass. I took it to the dealership to get the rear side glass replaced under warranty after waiting about a week for the dealer to order new glass.

The service department ended up scratching the new glass getting it in. They said don't worry they would get another side glass from the local glass dealer next day. OK so why did you have to wait 1 week to order it the first time?

Got the truck back and noticed the driver's side glass has the etching marked on the OUTSIDE of the glass. It is clearly visible and sticks out to me now. Looking at the original factory passenger side glass, it has the same etchings but on the inside, and you cannot even see it from the outside of the vehicle.

So my question is, what side of the glass is everyone else's SuperCab etchings on? The inside, outside or does it vary per side? I feel like after waiting 4 months and paying a premium for a new truck, they destroyed the replacement glass and gave me an inferior equivalent.

Not sure if the below 9A versus 6G are built versions, like it changes in the 2-3 months since the truck was built?

Original passenger's side glass:
Carlite
9A
FL34-1825712-A

New driver's side glass:
Carlite
6G
FL34-1825713-A

Thanks for reading!

CloseUpDrivers.jpg

DriversGlass.jpg

PassengerGlass.jpg

CloseUpPassenger.jpg

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll look in a bit, but is it possible Ford used the same window for both sides? That’d flip the etching...

Edit: Disregard...it’d also mirror image/reverse the letters. I’m a bit drunk!

Last edited:

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 and mine is exactly like yours. On the inside of all windows except the drivers rear window. That one is etched on the outside.IMG_6779.JPGIMG_6778.JPG

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey xtinct, after another thorough look I find I don’t even have “carlite” glass. I have “Carlax” on both rear windows, etched on inside, and “PDM” tint on both front windows. Front ones appear the lettering is in the tint and not etched. I guess it’s all about who manufactures them and how they are set up. All the specs are the same as yours just different brands.