Is the Raptor Well Suited for Snowplowing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
title says it all. I know the Raptor can tow though not as much as a regular f150 due to the suspension.

Does anyone use their Raptor with a plow?

I have a 700cc Yamaha Grizzly ATV that I use to plow my driveway. I’ve had it for over 10 years. Don’t tell anyone I’ve never changed the oil or serviced it in any way. Bought it new. The rubber boots over the axles are and have been completely torn. Rust like nuts. I think if I service it it will go into shock and die. My wallet certainly would.

But every year it starts and goes up and down my 150’ driveway, through blizzards, without problem.

So, can Raptor plow? Recommend it? Don’t recommend it? Why?

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hmm, took me a while to comprehend that reply; tried reading between the lines but there were none.

I’d ask if you care to elaborate, but I’m afraid you either can’t because you don’t know, or you’ll just say no, and I’ll wind up trying to read between the nonexistent lines yet again.

Good thing you don’t get paid by the word.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm, took me a while to comprehend that reply; tried reading between the lines but there were none.

I’d ask if you care to elaborate, but I’m afraid you either can’t because you don’t know, or you’ll just say no, and I’ll wind up trying to read between the nonexistent lines yet again.

Good thing you don’t get paid by the word.

No, you literally can't plow with the raptor. The suspension is too soft, and the front bumper/skidplate make it so you can't mount the plow.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No- def not, will wreck the front end- could you do a bunch of suspension tweaks & new bumper to accommodate a plow? Yeah sure- you could do that w/ a corolla if you really want, but it’s absolutely not designed for it. It isn’t just a raptor thing either- I know on my previous K2 gen GM trucks crew cabs & AT models & magride equipped ones were not for towing - I think initially only the single cab 4x4 WT level trucks were the only ones rated for it.

Personally I’d just do an oil change & lube the hubs on your grizzly & call it a day.

Or get a beater ranger/Tacoma/Colorado/S10 & put plow on it. I like plowing w/ Jeep wranglers but usually overpriced. They’re good cuz of the tight foot print & short gears.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This ask is analogous to the motorcycle shirt and bumper stickers that say “if you see this bike being towed, call the police, it’s been stolen” If you see a Raptor fitted with a snow plow, it’s Raptor abuse, and the sentence is forfeiture of your Raptor and your driving options are limited to prius, leaf, horse & buggy.

Just say no.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok ok, only asked out of curiosity. Thought plows can get attached to those fat round tow hooks that stick out of bumper.

as for oil change on Grizzly. I thought the oil that drains would be like sludge. Friend told me it will be more like water. Is he right?

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This ask is analogous to the motorcycle shirt and bumper stickers that say “if you see this bike being towed, call the police, it’s been stolen” If you see a Raptor fitted with a snow plow, it’s Raptor abuse, and the sentence is forfeiture of your Raptor and your driving options are limited to prius, leaf, horse & buggy.

Just say no.

not sure why, but that reminds me of Ginger Baker, Cream drummer, now deceased, who said he quit ****** 29 times.
And that reminded me of Richard Pryor who said “I snorted ******* for 20 years. But I’m not hooked.”

just say no.