Is the panoramic roof just asking for trouble?

Have you had issues with your panoramic roof?

• Yes, mine has had a problem or two

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Mine has been nothing but trouble and I wish it didn't have it

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No problems, mine's been perfect!

Votes: 68 81.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine without it, realized late that a SCAB couldn't have it anyway. I was a bit leery after hearing so many report leaks and squeaks, but the real reason for not wanting it was threefold...
#1 I live in Texas and want to block as much sunlight as possible.
#2 I've owned three F150s with the normal "sunroof" and I hardly used it, and (see #1) I even left the opaque cover closed 99% of the time.
#3 I just came off a few years of Wrangler life, nothing compares to driving topless and a see through hole in the top is just a reminder of what I cannot do.

(wish there was a full-size Broncoraptor)

Sensei2121

Reaction score
My 2018 has issues. I dont use it much, but tried to open it the other day, heard a loud pop, like something snapped and it wont open. It will tilt up, but not slide. Taking it into the shop now.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues from mine and I use it very frequently. I actually enjoy it a lot. I perform the cleaning TSB on it about once every 4 months to try to keep it functioning well.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I open mine to tilt almost every time I drive it. My new Explorer ST has the same one. This time Ford lubed the crap out of it along every edge to make sure it is/was quiet for quite a while before making noises. It really isn’t s big deal to me because I wanted it and use it often. If yours has it and you don’t want it to make a sound, just liberally lube every contact point to the roof of the truck and between the two sections. It’s not a technically challenging task. If you’re lazy it may be too much for you though as it requires an effort to meet your goal (of no noises).

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
i just got mine and the first thing i did was clean the seal all the way around and used Krytox GPL 205 grease. stuff is expensive for a small tube but a little goes a long ways and the glass opens and closes like butter. plan on doing it every oil change but well worth the $20 IMHO

slater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like if you keep it lubed around the seals its no biggie.
I did however have a "leak" in my F150 prior. Thought it was the pano roof ended up being the drain tube not connected behind the parking break. PITA to get to but an easy fix forsure.