GEN 2 Is the only aftermarket head unit option the Phoenix Tablet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
I have a 2017 SCREW and have been looking for aftermarket head units. I can't seem to find anything other than the Phoenix tablet unit that would plug and play with the stock unit. Is that the only option out there?

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want to replace your headunit for an ipod classic? Why not update your ipod instead? It will be cheaper and easier.

I haven't tried it yet, but does Carplay cure the large iPod/song collection issue with Sync if you run it through a newer iPod/iPhone?

I'm frustrated by the iPod Classic issues, but I'd rather add an AUX input or just do the workarounds I've discussed here before than tear out the headunit and start over.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is bluetooth not an option (I bought my last Apple product in 1993), seems a much cleaner and cheaper way of playing tunes from a (cough) MP3 player through your head unit.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
lets consider the cost of swapping out the head unit, and all the unique "quirks" that come with it, vs buying a newer ipod that just works with all the factory stuff and is rather high speed low drag.

I'm pretty sure you arent going to swap your head unit and work out all the kinks for less than the cost of an updated ipod.

you also will avoid the blood pressure raising frustration of half the truck functions not working properly.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet, but does Carplay cure the large iPod/song collection issue with Sync if you run it through a newer iPod/iPhone?

I'm frustrated by the iPod Classic issues, but I'd rather add an AUX input or just do the workarounds I've discussed here before than tear out the headunit and start over.

That wouldn’t be a concern to me. I would get a new iPod touch and control things from the iPod touch.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wouldn’t be a concern to me. I would get a new iPod touch and control things from the iPod touch.

OK, fine. That doesn't answer my question...would a newer Apple device, iPhone or iPod Touch or whatever, cure this problem if used through Carplay? That's what I'd want to know.