Is the market saturated??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s not correct. I suggest you do some research.
Great, then I gotta know what advantage you see to Ford to allow the dealers to line their pockets with $30k ADMs while the rest of the customers get upset when they could just set the price themselves.

Take your time, I know you'll figure it out.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due to the strict automobile franchise laws in this country that protect the middle man, manufacturers are not allowed to directly dictate the price the dealer sells the vehicle for. Those are the same laws that prevent manufacturers from opening factory direct stores. The dealer lobbyists have done everything in their power to force the consumer to go through the dealer for everything.

Most recently they wanted to make over the air updates illegal. Since the customer would receive the update directly from the OEM, the dealer is cut out of the picture. Meaning they want to have the consumer first encounter the potential issue, call the dealer, schedule an appointment (weeks out many times), and drop off/pick up their vehicle for the update - all for something that could have updated itself overnight with no inconvenience to the consumer.

The only thing Ford and other manufacturers can legally do to discourage ADM is through withholding/ prioritizing allocations.
I’m sure the agreements are different with every manufacturer but Ford and Chevy have already spoken out against these dealers and said there will be repercussions. Nothing has been done so far. A dealer can’t have an agreement to sell a product at whatever price they feel like selling it. It directly will affect the reputation of the manufacturer. The manufacturer must have the ability to do something to combat what is negatively affecting them including the cancellation of the right to sell their products and use the Ford name.

There are also consumer protection laws for each state and many of the current practices would be illegal but who is going to sue first?

If a manufacturer, on its own, adopts a policy regarding a desired level of prices, the law allows the manufacturer to deal only with retailers who agree to that policy. A manufacturer also may stop dealing with a retailer that does not follow its resale price policy. That is, a manufacturer can implement a dealer policy on a "take it or leave it" basis.

Last edited:

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, then I gotta know what advantage you see to Ford to allow the dealers to line their pockets with $30k ADMs while the rest of the customers get upset when they could just set the price themselves.

Take your time, I know you'll figure it out.

Easy ..answer above. Sorry you couldn’t figure it out yourself.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird how some of these dealers are destroying Ford's reputation and all Ford has done is issue a sternly-worded press release in lieu of exercising their supposed ability to set the sell price to the end user.:shakehead:

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^This is how misinformation spreads and people start to believe in conspiracy theories.
Some right but mostly wrong. My suggestion to people on here is do your research and dont believe this guy or even me.
I believe everything on the internet! Has to be true a little!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure the agreements are different with every manufacturer but Ford and Chevy have already spoken out against these dealers and said there will be repercussions. Nothing has been done so far. A dealer can’t have an agreement to sell a product at whatever price they feel like selling it. It directly will affect the reputation of the manufacturer. The manufacturer must have the ability to do something to combat what is negatively affecting them including the cancellation of the right to sell their products and use the Ford name.

There are also consumer protection laws for each state and many of the current practices would be illegal but who is going to sue first?

If a manufacturer, on its own, adopts a policy regarding a desired level of prices, the law allows the manufacturer to deal only with retailers who agree to that policy. A manufacturer also may stop dealing with a retailer that does not follow its resale price policy. That is, a manufacturer can implement a dealer policy on a "take it or leave it" basis.
How are you so confident “nothing has been done”? You have no idea what current or future dealer allocations are; that is the system that manufacturers are using to hold dealers accountable.

From your FTC article:

“Q: One of my suppliers marks its products with a Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Do I have to charge this price?

A: The key word is "suggested." A dealer is free to set the retail price of the products it sells. A dealer can set the price at the MSRP or at a different price, as long as the dealer comes to that decision on its own. However, the manufacturer can decide not to use distributors that do not adhere to its MSRP.”

That’s exactly what Ford is doing through allocations.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you so confident “nothing has been done”? You have no idea what current or future dealer allocations are; that is the system that manufacturers are using to hold dealers accountable.

From your FTC article:

“Q: One of my suppliers marks its products with a Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Do I have to charge this price?

A: The key word is "suggested." A dealer is free to set the retail price of the products it sells. A dealer can set the price at the MSRP or at a different price, as long as the dealer comes to that decision on its own. However, the manufacturer can decide not to use distributors that do not adhere to its MSRP.”

This is back to supply and demand. They can charge whatever the sucker wants to pay. The funny thing is, some think the slimmy salesman keep that adm . The salesman gets like 1500 to 2000 of the 25000. They get slimmed too.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

From your FTC article:

I can only speak on what I see and the numbers don’t lie. Raptors are still being marked up $10k+ all over the country. I would think if Ford was doing something this would not be the case.

I hope I’m wrong.