Is the Gen 2 an instant classic, styling wise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
26fa0c5b-d401-4ffe-bb6d-0444a3338883-jpeg.323383
For me Gen 3 look more like Gen 1! front is kind of more curved.
01a3161c-9d28-48bc-8801-f7582d15ddd8-jpeg.322459

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we can fit the Gen 3 flares to our Gen 2? I’m having the fenders paint matched and like the look of the newer marker lights…

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we can fit the Gen 3 flares to our Gen 2? I’m having the fenders paint matched and like the look of the newer marker lights…

IMHO, the Gen 1 & 2 transitions from fender to flare look more intentional and flow outward better; where as on the Gen 3, it looks more like a flare that's just tacked on to a standard F-150 or any other pickup fender. I think that's because the Gen 3 fenders aren't as pronounced as previous generations.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is not Gen 1, 2 ,3. Name another car/truck which has a “package name” which EVERYONE KNOWS. Oh TREX….. yea use another dinosaur name, yea that took talent. Few names like Shelby, Yenko, Cobra, SS, AMG, ///M, Hemi can stand alone. Once you have that “elite performance” model, it doesn’t really matter what version you have, the fact you have it evokes that’s emotion.

A very small few will say “oh did you see that TRX”, but many DO say “ wow you have a Raptor”

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it is not Gen 1, 2 ,3. Name another car/truck which has a “package name” which EVERYONE KNOWS. Oh TREX….. yea use another dinosaur name, yea that took talent. Few names like Shelby, Yenko, Cobra, SS, AMG, ///M, Hemi can stand alone. Once you have that “elite performance” model, it doesn’t really matter what version you have, the fact you have it evokes that’s emotion.

A very small few will say “oh did you see that TRX”, but many DO say “ wow you have a Raptor”
When I got my truck, a friend of mine said to his son, Mr N got a new F150, he son looked out the window and replied thats not an F150, its a Raptor.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 1 design is timeless. A true baja race styled truck with large smooth curves and straight lines.

Gen 2 took the Gen 1's simple looks and changed it to the requisite aggro-centric lines the 13th gen trucks had, which is the flavor right now. Lots of hard angles and over complicated lines.

As far as "classics" go, vehicles with aggressive angular lines and hard edges typically aren't the ones you see going up in price over time.