Is the Gen 2 an instant classic, styling wise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure the Gen 2 can be viewed as an instant classic. I mean, I don't think anyone is going to opt for a Gen 2 over a Gen 3, price and mileage and all that being equal. However, I can definitely see a day where the Gen 2 is more highly desired than the Gen 3...just not right now. The day that does happen, it will be because of the styling for sure, but right now, I think people are still deciding what they think about the Gen 3.

Gen 1 to Gen 2 was a different situation because the engine was so different between the Gens.

Also, I think part of the issue with Gen 3s styling is that the F150 gen it's based off is really boring overall. Very little to work with.

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.02 = Gen 2 is the "looker" out of the bunch, but Gen 3 has better tech., suspension components, nice colors (see anti-matter blue) and 37s stock. However, I don't see a Gen 3 in my future, I will keep the Gen 2 and standby on what the Bronco Raptor looks like. I remember when the "new" GT500s came out, not everyone was on board with the looks of it either over on the GT500 forum, I kept my 13' GT500, it's not going anywhere either.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 is a nice aggressive looking design. Somehow I ended up pacing 2 random Gen 1s in Tennessee on my way back to Florida, I thought they looked good. The Gen 2 is a fantastic design. Gen 3, it got softer looking to me. No interest.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.02 = Gen 2 is the "looker" out of the bunch, but Gen 3 has better tech., suspension components, nice colors (see anti-matter blue) and 37s stock. However, I don't see a Gen 3 in my future, I will keep the Gen 2 and standby on what the Bronco Raptor looks like. I remember when the "new" GT500s came out, not everyone was on board with the looks of it either over on the GT500 forum, I kept my 13' GT500, it's not going anywhere either.
That GT500 of yours is a beast D!