Is the F150 Raptor R Worth $110K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Find me another vehicle between $80-$125k MSRP that can meet or beat the Raptor R in more than 1/2 of the following categories (spoiler alert- even if you beg the Germans, you can’t!)

Cargo room
Towing capacity
Payload
HP
TQ
Power:weight ratio
Ground clearance
1/4 mile
Ability to jump? (Sorry but it IS a feature lol)
Tech
Luxury
Cameras #/quality
Tire size
Sidewall thickness
Drive modes
“Drivetrain modes” (2wd/AWD/4hi/4lo)
Locking diff
10 speed trans
4.10 gears
Resale/value retention potential
DD capable in terms of any weather
DD capable in terms of overall comfort
Versatility

You know what you’ll wind up finding? The only things even close besides the hellcat crowd (TRX included) are crazy loaded/optioned heavy duty diesel trucks.

This exercise essentially proves out why an SUV (to me) as a DD is simply a compromise for someone who can’t justify/afford having a performance/sports type car & a truck. OR (very often the case- hand raised) you have kids. Even if it’s an absolute 2wd beater….the basic utility of a truck already makes it able to do some very important things other vehicles simply can’t do. And the interiors on full size trucks these days are as spacious as they come.

Loaded up luxury sport SUVs are fun & cool & utilitarian, but not more fun/cool than a sports car/sedan & SUvs are very useful - but def not more so

A lot of those features don't mean anything to a lot of drivers though. I mean, your average mom who can afford a vehicle in that range doesn't give a flip about towing capacity. She wants to be able to around 6 kids, do the grocery shopping, easy to park, etc. Or they want to do the jeep girl thing.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 Base Raptor is 78,570.00 of which I would not give 60k for new.

2023 Raptor R adds 30,575.00 but will be happy to pay that additional amount over base for the R simply because that is only way I can get it.

Wish I could buy a very basic no option truck with the R drivetrain. Could care less if it even has power windows or a radio. Make it a regular cab shortbox.

Nothing against the 450/510 v6 as great engine and have one in my old truck that is 3900 lb makes equal power to the new R v-8 but for me The base raptor at 6000 lb is just too much for the 6 to give me the performance I want.

For those that do not want to give 30k extra for the R don't buy it.

I am 100% with Ford Performance as not adding it to base raptor. Make the specialty R for those that want a bit more.

I have HUGE plans for my '23 R when it shows up and most will not like what I do with it. Not buying it for them.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of those features don't mean anything to a lot of drivers though. I mean, your average mom who can afford a vehicle in that range doesn't give a flip about towing capacity. She wants to be able to around 6 kids, do the grocery shopping, easy to park, etc. Or they want to do the jeep girl thing.
Yeah- but regardless I’m just saying from a neutral standpoint by the comparable #s feature for feature a 700hp pickup truck essentially trumps everything else lol

Jww2124

Reaction score
110? Sure while it’s hot, the ones who are paying 130-170 are gonna regret it after a few months of ownership.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 Base Raptor is 78,570.00 of which I would not give 60k for new.

2023 Raptor R adds 30,575.00 but will be happy to pay that additional amount over base for the R simply because that is only way I can get it.

Wish I could buy a very basic no option truck with the R drivetrain. Could care less if it even has power windows or a radio. Make it a regular cab shortbox.

Nothing against the 450/510 v6 as great engine and have one in my old truck that is 3900 lb makes equal power to the new R v-8 but for me The base raptor at 6000 lb is just too much for the 6 to give me the performance I want.

For those that do not want to give 30k extra for the R don't buy it.

I am 100% with Ford Performance as not adding it to base raptor. Make the specialty R for those that want a bit more.

I have HUGE plans for my '23 R when it shows up and most will not like what I do with it. Not buying it for them.
Any insight you can share on your plans? Inquiring minds…. :)

Sbardy

Reaction score
110? Sure while it’s hot, the ones who are paying 130-170 are gonna regret it after a few months of ownership.
I wish I had a crystal ball like you. So the r will just be readily available at msrp in a few months? That’s amazing. Maybee I will just wait then.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor R values will stay inflated for maybe the first MY then they'll settle just like every other Ford Performance vehicle. Typically the ADM on these cars is not supported in the resale market. Take a look at every modern but several year old Boss 302, Shelby Mustang, Focus RS and Raptor. None of their resale values are going over msrp. The Ford GT is the only exception.

Sbardy

Reaction score
Different times…. I don’t see there being a ton of Raptor r’s. Hence higher resale value. First units already stuck in production for months. Time will tell when they start to be delivered.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First time seeing this post and it took me 1/4 of the way through the video to realize he was not going to actually be driving the truck. WTF!? What a waste of time and he's even at Silver Lake which is a Raptor playground. I'm almost pissed off enough to ban the OP, j/k. :321: