Is Shell V Nitro power a scam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
My results after running only Shell for the life of my truck:

(North Carolina) 93 Oct 17.1 MPG over the life of an oil change (5k miles) with mostly city/highway driving and 1-2 fun days per month.
(California) 91 Oct 16.0 MPG over 2500 miles with mostly city/highway driving and 2 fun days.

I've noticed a decent difference from the butt dyno switching from 93-91, the truck is still stupid fast for its size but lost that top end forcing you into your seat feeling. Per the Accessport I'm down around 20-30 HP and Tq just from the switch to CAN 91.

My truck is stage 2 tuned so I'm not ******* around with running lesser gas, seems silly to buy a 450+HP turbocharged truck and then cheap out on the fuel it requires to make that power. Also these trucks make great power on Ethanol so Shell is recommended by Winfield due to its higher ethanol content versus Chevron, Costco, Exxon, etc.

2ndFord

Reaction score
I do track my mpg on every fill up. I do it for all my vehicles. Not because I care what kind of mileage I am getting in my trucks, but because if there is a big drop in mpg over a few fill ups then something else could be wrong that is causing the change.
Exactly!!!! Easiest way to document performance/problems (or lack thereof).

When I picked up my ordered '18 I expected my sales guy to tell me it MUST be run on premium, but he said regular is fine. As long as I'm near home I fill up at Costco with regular. Long ways away from home I've bought Mobil regular. Never paid attention to octane.

Mileage since new is typically in the 18's per gallon. Sometimes I get 19's.

Big factor if you're obsessed by MPG (with which no Raptor driver should be) is HOW you drive. Wife/daugher car was INOP for a few days so wife drove my truck. Now I had filled up and loaded the bed with HS band props for a trip from central Jersey to MetLife Stadium, 50 miles so 100 round trip. Following the band busses and trucks at 70-75 MPH on the highways the screen showed 20.6 MPG when I got home. Much higher than average. Then wife took the truck for a 100 mile highway round trip and returned it to me showing 18.8. She took it for shorter runs the next day and it came back showing 18.2.

Any vehicle, wife tends to stomp on the gas after stop signs/red lights. This alone could not add up to the diminished fuel efficiency since most miles were highway. Then it occurred to me that she is what I call a "Spazz Foot".... she simply cannot maintain consistent highway speed. Constantly pumps the accelerator for no apparent reason, consistently knocking me back in my seat for no apparent reason. Just driving along at highway speeds w/o traffic interference and I'm constantly being bucked back-and-forth in my seat. SPAZ FOOT!!! This I believe is the detriment to my mileage conundrum.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is interesting that my friend's Ferarri has stickers at the fuel inlet that strongly suggests Shell Premium only.

BrttClne22

Reaction score
Regarding miles to empty, my display was WAY WAY off until I did a calibration. Not sure how this translates to 3rd Gens.