Is shadow black metallic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone with a shadow black raptor please tell me if the paint is metallic? Pics would be great.

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shadow Black

Here you go!

Attachments

• IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0909.jpg
    IMG_0909.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pics not working.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Thanks for the pics. Is it a straight black or a pearl effect? Some pics make it look that way.

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's straight Black, but it's glossy. I had a sealer applied to mine, not all the ones I've seen look that glossy! Hope that helps.

Taurusdetail

Reaction score
Shadow black

I had my first shadow black Raptor in the shop last week and unfortunately it was covered in hard water spots. After doing s test spot for removal and machine polishing the area, I found that it is definitely not straight black. With proper lighting and having the surface properly polished, you can see that there is some metallic to it. Kind of a black with blue metallic. I'll see if I can upload some pics that show it.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Of course I forgot to take after pics. I have another one coming in Monday for correction and opticoat, I'll get some pics then!

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my first shadow black Raptor in the shop last week and unfortunately it was covered in hard water spots. After doing s test spot for removal and machine polishing the area, I found that it is definitely not straight black. With proper lighting and having the surface properly polished, you can see that there is some metallic to it. Kind of a black with blue metallic. I'll see if I can upload some pics that show it.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Of course I forgot to take after pics. I have another one coming in Monday for correction and opticoat, I'll get some pics then!

Welcome to frf

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shadow black on our GT350s have a blue and silver metal flake when appreciated under a light.

I would suggest using the LED light on your phone and holding it close to the paint and see if you can appreciate the flakes.