Is Premium gas worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did log on my nGauge and see exactly what happens. I did this with stock tune, and all MPT tunes, on the same road. Did you? No? Talking out of your ass?

Read my post you ********. I ran 91 from the start, then as a test, ran 87 to see the difference. This wasn’t able saving money, it was about knowing what the stock Bosch ecu does and how it responds to knocks.

You are wrong and did something wrong then. Put the truck on a ****** dyno and you'll see what I mean. The truck will definitely put more power out after a couple tanks of premium gas ya cheap bastard. There's even a Dyno sheet someone posted of doing just that.

Do what you want and justify being a cheap ass if you can't feel the power difference anyway. You should invest that $100 in gas savings a year .. what will you do with all that saved cash ?!?!

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are wrong and did something wrong then. Put the truck on a ****** dyno and you'll see what I mean. The truck will definitely put more power out after a couple tanks of premium gas ya cheap bastard. There's even a Dyno sheet someone posted of doing just that.

Do what you want and justify being a cheap ass if you can't feel the power difference anyway. You should invest that $100 in gas savings a year .. what will you do with all that saved cash ?!?!

That’s right, I do what I want. Have you ever tuned an ecu, or are you just an internet superstar? You ******** probably don’t know that there is a knock map on the MED17 ecu, can guess what that map does? It doesn’t take a few tanks of gas, idiot.

Look at the dyno sheets that have been posted, especially the ones that show power being pulled when the trucks are heatsoaked... take a guess why it’s don’t that.

You keep going to saving $100 a year, why don’t you save a few years and buy a logger then come back, instead of talking out of your ass.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s right, I do what I want. Have you ever tuned an ecu, or are you just an internet superstar? You ******** probably don’t know that there is a knock map on the MED17 ecu, can guess what that map does? It doesn’t take a few tanks of gas, idiot.

Look at the dyno sheets that have been posted, especially the ones that show power being pulled when the trucks are heatsoaked... take a guess why it’s don’t that.

You keep going to saving $100 a year, why don’t you save a few years and buy a logger then come back, instead of talking out of your ass.

Considering I tuned hundreds of vehicles using HP Tuners and own many custom tuned vehicles putting out anywhere from 700-1300HP, I know what I'm talking about. But, by all means, do what you want with your truck lol

Raptor-Phil

Reaction score
AAA stated that the cost of premium was 20%-25% more. Here is Calif, reg is $2.99 and Premium is $3.19, a $0.20 difference. $0.20/$2.99 * 100% = 6.7% cost upper, so for a 5% increase in MPG, it's difference lost in the noise! I will buy premium.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By me regular is $2.59 per gallon and premium is $3.20.

aprox 24% more for premium over regular. According to this video with a 3.5l Ecoboost the fuel mileage savings is 5%. I would go from 87 to 91+ in my 17 Raptor all the time and I never found any improvement in performance or fuel mileage when using premium.

https://youtu.be/dxAQmj3P8xs

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder what all these 87 folks are going to do when gas prices go back up to $4/gal. Feeding the Raptor will be pretty big blow to anyone who counts their pennies.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Premium in Canada is 4.00 US per US gallon. I knew that going in. So I accepted the gas cost before I bought it. Why spend this much for a vehicle and then put a tongue on it for a team of horses?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder what all these 87 folks are going to do when gas prices go back up to $4/gal. Feeding the Raptor will be pretty big blow to anyone who counts their pennies.

I am going to rent the rear seat area to a documentation challenged family to subsidize fuel costs.

<kidding>