Is PPFing the headlights ok?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's official guidance from Ford on putting PPF on the headlights? I know some companies (e.g. Porsche) will void your headlight warranty if you put PPF on them due to excess heat.

Curious if the same thing applies to Ford.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen anything related to warranty refusal for PPF. I don't know that excess heat would be an issue since it shouldn't be opaque enough to gather heat or thick enough to insulate it...LEDs don't produce enough forward heat if anything. A good PPF should barely be detectable on there anyway.

I think the issue with some auto manufacturers and PPF on headlights is delamination of the coating. If properly removed, it shouldn't remove the headlight coating from what I've seen. I've had them PPF'd on the last few sets and ceramic coated the PPF.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's official guidance from Ford on putting PPF on the headlights? I know some companies (e.g. Porsche) will void your headlight warranty if you put PPF on them due to excess heat.

Curious if the same thing applies to Ford.
Shouldn't happen. Have ours wrapped and no problem.