Is Nav essential ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
not to mention you can see gas prices of stations where you are, what movies are playing where and when. It gives you the phone number to any place you enter in. The weather is nice though. The ford sync nav system is rated as one of the best today too.

Bluedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added navigation to my order after seeing it's features real time. In addition to the capabilities mentioned above, the screen allows a larger backing up view. The change set my order back a couple of weeks in terms of getting pulled (was priority 1 when added), but was well worth it long term. I think Ford could do a better job marketing this option.

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't get it. Weather and music on Mobile device (can't use the NAV and a treadmill at the same time). I have always used a Garmin for my nav needs and am considering a LOWRANCE if we really get into pre-running. Being in the IT biz, I know that technology like that rolls over ever few years so it will probably seem ridiculously primitive after a couple of years. I've also read that Windows XP is required to update them. That OS is on its last leg. A Linux or Driod based UI would have had more legs...IMHO of course + .02

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Useful finding a scenic route if you're doing 90 and the sheriffs' deputy looks like he's going to turn around.

OP
OP
M

MBFan

Reaction score
Thnx guys, Its something i want on the truck just encase i get lost out on the highway. the cost isn't that bad as long as its being used. Due to gas prices and the tease of the 2012 raptors coming soon i think i'm going to wait...

I always have this issue that i'll buy something then a new or updated model comes out like a month later.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Useful finding a scenic route if you're doing 90 and the sheriffs' deputy looks like he's going to turn around.

Hahah so true

I love my nav only thing I can't decide now that my free six months is up is which amount of time to buy.....

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
if im correct, i think all of those things are SYNC features and SONY Premium Audio features not the NAV..... i could totaly be wrong since i dont have my truck yet.... but from what i read, those are the SYNC and Luxury Premium Audio upgrades. which yes i did get the Luxury Package, but the $2400 extra didnt jive with me just for NAV.... if im wrong on this point, im sorry.

u need the sony navigation radio option to use all of the sync options. you certainly can't watch a dvd without it.

WannaRaptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not worth it to me especially when you consider how quickly the technology is changing with phones and handheld computers etc. If I were buying a used car that was 3-5 years old I would prefer to have it without the nav for that reason. I'd rather not have slow, outdated technology in the dash.

KTM RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get away using my iphone instead of the Navigation.

I have to say the console looks a lot cleaner with the navigation instead of not having it. (knobbies are a little big) Im not complaining though !

Another reason I never got it was because I don't wanna pay the extra $$$ LoL 6:birgits_tiredcoffee