Is Nav essential ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MBFan

Reaction score
When buying your raptor did you think having Nav was essential ? I'm wanting it cause once i get out of the city it'll be great for directions to Point B or would buying a Garmin or TomTom GPS and having it in the raptor be just as good.

What you guys think ?

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for me it was not, it would have been nice, and i had been wanting it. but $2400 ON TOP of the $2200 luxury package..... totally not worth it to me atleast... my Droid phone has nav, that so far has worked very well for me, and if i decide to change out the head unit you can get very nice DVD/CD Head units with 7" screens with NAV built in for $600-700 (not including install).

The integration to the rest of the system makes it very very nice! but for me it just wasnt worth it.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I told myself that I'd never buy another vehicle without it. It's not just the NAV...it's all the other features that come with it.

Saving artists and songs, weather, fuel prices, watch a movie, 10gig hard drive, etc.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I thought about it but didn't get it and got a garmin instead which I have hard wired in. It works great but I kinda would have liked the NAV just because it's cool. Did I need it NO, but still would have liked the extra features and resale will bring a bit more of coarse. If you have the mulla then go for it, if not Garmins work fine.

Vettster

Reaction score
I told myself that I'd never buy another vehicle without it. It's not just the NAV...it's all the other features that come with it.

Saving artists and songs, weather, fuel prices, watch a movie, 10gig hard drive, etc.

I agree! Originally I didn't want NAV.
The (GM) NAV on my old truck didn't work in Mexico so naturally I assumed the new one wouldn't. I was wrong. It works excellent!
I got a good deal on a truck on the lot and decided to go with it.
After using it for a while, I wouldn't give it up. Really like the bluetooth feature as well as the hard drive.
By the way, there is an entire forum on nothing else but the SYNC system.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the NAV is really nice, for a number of reasons. but if you're truly on the fence and it's a money thing don't stress...you can have just as much fun without the Nav :)

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score

if im correct, i think all of those things are SYNC features and SONY Premium Audio features not the NAV..... i could totaly be wrong since i dont have my truck yet.... but from what i read, those are the SYNC and Luxury Premium Audio upgrades. which yes i did get the Luxury Package, but the $2400 extra didnt jive with me just for NAV.... if im wrong on this point, im sorry.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I didnt get it, 2200$ just doesnt seem worth it. plus I dont travel much.

Baldwin09

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wasnt planning on buying the nav felt it was too much but my parents talked me into it and now i cant leave it alone it is so useful and its got weather maps on so you can see radar/5day/hail,tornado,snow any advisory or warning on your trip i personally believe its better than a tomtom or garmin imo if i were you id get it