Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Is my Raptor Possessed?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Woolaroc, Mar 31, 2020.

1. MnFlyer

MnFlyer Full Access Member

Mine does that. I assumed it was a small Peruvian gnome checking the oil??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. rabidranger

rabidranger Member

Mine does the same thing. Dealer has no clue.

3. Jraptor78

Jraptor78 Member

Mine does it when opening the door always figured it was the fuel pump priming since the truck is keyless.. On a keyed truck when the key hit the assy spot you could hear the same noise..

4. Antho

Antho Full Access Member

From what i've heard these are 2 different noises. Opening the door triggers the fuel pump to prime. To me that's more of a thumping noise. The under the hood noise sounds different to me. I thought my neighbor was running a dremel in their garage for a few seconds at a time but turned out to be my truck.

5. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Full Access Member

Apologize in advance if this hijack, but it is related to the oddities these things make when you get in and start them.

When I first mine in gear (D or R), and first get rolling, it feels like there is a little hitch in the giddy up. The rear end feels like it droops for just a second. It does it the same way every time, so I assume it’s normal. Is it like an auto parking break releasing or something?

Woolaroc likes this.
  6. hedonist222

hedonist222 Full Access Member

I don't think it should be doing that.

May I suggest you start a new thread as it seems different than OP's scenario.

7. Woolaroc

Woolaroc Full Access Member

This is completely normal. Search Rear end drop on reverse. It’s something to do with the torque when engaging reverse or drive. I feel it most in the morning when I pull out of the garage. Driver side rear whee drops a bit.

GunMonkeyINTL likes this.
  8. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

this is 2 different things. There’s an actuator “luck unlock” type sound my truck makes when I open door even if things been sitting for a while (I have 801a w/ real key) no idea what it is but it’s a faint knock type sound maybe even fuel system priming in anticipation of being started?

then there the high pitched hiss/whistle that occurs when truck is sitting even for hrs after being driven. Occurs intermittently usually in sequence - seems like many ford trucks do this nobody knows what it is.

9. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Full Access Member

Thanks. I found a couple threads describing it exactly. Seemed to be a couple theories on what it was, but no one was sure.