Is my Raptor Possessed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I think mine has an engine gnome. Was working in the garage just a few minutes ago and the truck made that noise it makes when you open the door (already unlocked) there is an electrical hum and a click in/around the front of the engine. It did this, then did it again about 20 seconds later. Went over to the truck, opened the door and it was an identical noise. I started it up to make sure it wasn't the battery dying or something like that and it all seemed to be fine.

Anyone heard this before? Could the touch pad sensor on my handle be on the fritz, making the truck think someone's about to open it?

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has done this once in a while. I figured maybe it was ford pass pinging it or something.

ADY

Reaction score
My 2018 does a similar random electrical high pitched squealing sound (sound like R2D2 - StarWars but higher pitch) with and without my key anywhere near by. I've heard it hours and days after I last used it and come from lower drivers side engine bay. Sounds like a solenoid activating, but the dealer couldn't duplicate or give me a reason why it would make the noise.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 does a similar random electrical high pitched squealing sound (sound like R2D2 - StarWars but higher pitch) with and without my key anywhere near by. I've heard it hours and days after I last used it and come from lower drivers side engine bay. Sounds like a solenoid activating, but the dealer couldn't duplicate or give me a reason why it would make the noise.

Same except never took to the dealer. This was months ago and no known problems. :shrug:

KStees

Reaction score
Mine did this last week. Google it. The search led me to believe it was a boost sensor of some sort. Everytime you open the door or start it the system resets and looks for the reading again. I have not taken it in and dont plan on it until its broken.