Is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are ***** :biggrin:

All in all, theoretically you can find a good one with low miles. realistically, you won't due to price and distance like you stated. If you're in the market for one, but want low miles yet you're going to modify it then it's redundant to get one with low miles. Engines are strong and durable when properly maintenanced, warranty does help over all for other things. All you really need is a good set of aftermarket shocks and you're good to go.
I got my 2010 in 2011 with 34k miles and I just passed 104k miles. Still running strong though it is time to upgrade shocks because I don't street queen it even though it is my daily.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, let's keep this real.

You want a 13 or 14 Raptor (because you don't want an 'old' one) with low miles, stock. Here's an example - there is a 13 with 30k miles for sale in town right now. Bone stock. $54,995.00. Sure, it's overpriced. But do you think there is $14,995.00 built into what they bought it for. No, there isn't.

I think for $40k, you should realistically set your sights on a 10 - 12, with higher mileage. We've all told you that well maintained Raptors last. There is a thread on here somewhere where guys are in a 100k mile competition. Like I mentioned, mine has 82k miles on it, and you can't even tell. Take that advice. It's the right advice. We have nothing to gain steering you in the wrong direction, right? 80% of these trucks haven't EVER been off roaded hard. So chances are if you find an 'older' one, it was a pavement princess and probably maintained very well. These weren't cheap trucks to buy when new.

Sometimes we have to hear what we don't want to hear, and this is one of those times if you are looking for a good condition Ford Raptor in the $40k price range......

Thanks for the insight. I'm looking at a 2014 SCREW with 95K miles on it. Based on your response, I would assume the 95K mileage should not be a concern for me.

What would you say is a good price to pull the trigger on this?

Thanks

David

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. I'm looking at a 2014 SCREW with 95K miles on it. Based on your response, I would assume the 95K mileage should not be a concern for me.

What would you say is a good price to pull the trigger on this?

Thanks

David

What options, if any?

Any records of fluid changes to diffs, power steering, transfer case etc?

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What options, if any?

Any records of fluid changes to diffs, power steering, transfer case etc?

That's a good question. I'm not an expert on Raptors to begin with but it has Navigation and the 17in Wheels I believe. Nothing else out of standard I would surmise.

The seller just says it's been well maintained/serviced and it's like new, aside from the 95K mileage. I can order a carfax and check the history, just haven't done that yet.

So assuming everything is good and up to date with the truck, should I be concerned with the 95K mileage?

And what would be a good price to pull the trigger on this?

Thanks

David

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a good question. I'm not an expert on Raptors to begin with but it has Navigation and the 17in Wheels I believe. Nothing else out of standard I would surmise.

The seller just says it's been well maintained/serviced and it's like new, aside from the 95K mileage. I can order a carfax and check the history, just haven't done that yet.

So assuming everything is good and up to date with the truck, should I be concerned with the 95K mileage?

And what would be a good price to pull the trigger on this?

Thanks

David

The only thing I would have a slight worry about would be the transmission, but in honesty they have gone bad on trucks with under 30k miles and some still are A-ok well into the 100k mile+ range.
And the shocks. If they are original, never serviced, they are way past the due date for service. New ones are 2k-ish from the dealer, or you can find rebuilt ones here for around 1k, give or take.

I would say high 30's for price. Is it a Ruby Red? Those seem to go higher than other colors based on my searches.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I would have a slight worry about would be the transmission, but in honesty they have gone bad on trucks with under 30k miles and some still are A-ok well into the 100k mile+ range.
And the shocks. If they are original, never serviced, they are way past the due date for service. New ones are 2k-ish from the dealer, or you can find rebuilt ones here for around 1k, give or take.

I would say high 30's for price. Is it a Ruby Red? Those seem to go higher than other colors based on my searches.

Thanks for your input. I have to check with the seller but would those CarFax or AutoCheck reports indicate whether the car's had the required maintenances?

Is there a way to determine whether the transmission and other parts have been serviced?

Thanks

David

COaUtOJUNKIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also pay a ford dealer to complete a Pre Purchase Inspection and get an honest 3rd party opinion on your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk