Is it possible.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BB427

Reaction score
I'll sum it up in one word: don't.

If you just can't help yourself, then sell the Raptor and use the proceeds to buy a more suitable donor truck and the parts you want. Personally, I'd go with a regular cab F150 XL 5.0 short bed.

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you will need to drive when roads are rutted such as from frozen snow, sleet, ice accumuation, mud, the different tire sizes may make you want to park it and walk instead. Am sure there are others here with opinions and insight about this, but not something I would ever consider doing with a 4wd, unless it will not be used in those conditions. Just my opinion and observation from driving 4wd vehicles for over 40 yrs

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll sum it up in one word: don't.

If you just can't help yourself, then sell the Raptor and use the proceeds to buy a more suitable donor truck and the parts you want. Personally, I'd go with a regular cab F150 XL 5.0 short bed.
Hey it’s his money and his idea now let me start the popcorn and let’s see where this thing ends up!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations from the Blue Ridge Mountains. Long time listener first time caller...
I haven't found any threads that answer this so if there are any that exist, a link would be greatly appreciated.
Assuming all the mods have been made on the back end to the suspension and the body, is it possible to fit 37x14.50 20s on the REAR ONLY on 12x20 rims? If so what are some thoughts on offset. (ah the eternal "offset" question everyone hates to love to hate). Im willing to discuss spacers only if there are options to address any new weak links this will create.
I will be going with 37x11.50 20s on the front and have already figured out offset. But the rear end is the challenge. (isn't it always) Going for a street rod look. I have already addressed power issues and I will be regearing to 4:88 before this mod.
Having said all that, going back to the suspension mods on the rear, I'm going with +3HD springs with factory shocks. What are members thoughts on keeping my original rear fenders versus glass? I would prefer to stay factor but I don't want to cut. I will NOT be jumping and rarely see myself maxing out my suspension. Im building this as a street rod so suspension travel won't be as big of an issue. I see them sticking out but my thought is some fender flares might solve that issue over full fenders and all the issues that come along with that.
I look forward to seeing what everyone thinks. I know the idea is out of the norm but I have had a vision of a truck like this since I was a kid.

Thanks again to all of you and thank you for allowing me into the group.
Probably not gonna get much advice around here due to the nature of how most members use their trucks but there are a few things I can recommend based on seeing people kinda do this in reverse (F150 with Raptor fenders/bedsides to accommodate the width of wide wheels).

Do you want the 20x12's to stick outside the rear fenders a lot? 20x12's will be 4" out past the body. Or do you plan to try and keep them underneath? Fender flares big enough to cover a 12" wide will not look good. It'll look like the guy below. My best advice would be to get a regular F150 rear end and put the 4:88's in that axle. By doing this you're essentially shortening the rear end 3.5" per side and fixing your massive poke problem. 37x13.50R20 would help limit the poke too opposed to 14.50's.

As for the Deaver HD +3's, they will give quite the rake and put the shock out of it's optimal zone but outside of ride quality you could probably get away with it.

Another option would be to run 35's and not mess with suspension as much, and less trimming (if any). Toyo and Nitto both offer 35x11.50 & 35x13.50R20 options. Then you wouldn't have to worry about rubbing issues. You could keep the 4:10's in the front and then you only have to load the F150 rear end with 4:10's. You could run a deaver +1 (lowers the rear 1" compared to the stock leafs/block) and have a low slung staggered look with more of a bolt and go setup.

At very least, I'd get an F150 rear end and figure it out from there.

1663625781616.png