Is it possible.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Latchkey Kid

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations from the Blue Ridge Mountains. Long time listener first time caller...
I haven't found any threads that answer this so if there are any that exist, a link would be greatly appreciated.
Assuming all the mods have been made on the back end to the suspension and the body, is it possible to fit 37x14.50 20s on the REAR ONLY on 12x20 rims? If so what are some thoughts on offset. (ah the eternal "offset" question everyone hates to love to hate). Im willing to discuss spacers only if there are options to address any new weak links this will create.
I will be going with 37x11.50 20s on the front and have already figured out offset. But the rear end is the challenge. (isn't it always) Going for a street rod look. I have already addressed power issues and I will be regearing to 4:88 before this mod.
Having said all that, going back to the suspension mods on the rear, I'm going with +3HD springs with factory shocks. What are members thoughts on keeping my original rear fenders versus glass? I would prefer to stay factor but I don't want to cut. I will NOT be jumping and rarely see myself maxing out my suspension. Im building this as a street rod so suspension travel won't be as big of an issue. I see them sticking out but my thought is some fender flares might solve that issue over full fenders and all the issues that come along with that.
I look forward to seeing what everyone thinks. I know the idea is out of the norm but I have had a vision of a truck like this since I was a kid.

Thanks again to all of you and thank you for allowing me into the group.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

Post more pics or we will be forced to conclude you’re really rocking a prius.
The poked out looks is generally around upon here as it compromises the suspension of the truck which the heart of what the Raptor does very well.

There are some Raptors out there at zero offset doing fine, but it sounds like you may want more. I’d just be cognizant of making any mods that permanently take away the truck’s assets. Wheels & tires won’t but if you end up having to hack parts to make them fit, that would.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think many around here are going to be able to provide valuable input on this... One of those topics where you'll probably have to do the experiment yourself and report back with your findings.

I would assume that if you do anything more than hop the curb in the Starbucks drive-thru, you're gonna run into trouble.

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
“Greetings and salutations from the Blue Ridge Mountains. Long time listener first time caller...”

was this an El Rushbo reference??