Is it possible to add a hidden winch on a Roush Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamaro

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Roush Raptor which is equipped with the 2300 supercharger, I would like to add a hidden winch (inside the front bumper) but I'm not sure if it can be fit under the Roush heat exchanger on the front, did anyone have any experience with that?

thanks,

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Roush Raptor. I have an aftermarket bumper where the winch sits a bit lower than it did in my previous hidden winch (stock) setup. My winch would not have fit with the stock hidden winch bumper and the Roush heat exchanger, but barely fits now. However, my winch doesn't have a movable control box like some. If it did, I think it would fit with the stock hidden winch. So, it depends on your winch. The installer did have to get creative with bracketry. I was also able to upgrade to an AFCO heat exchanger with fans and that BAAAAAAAAAARELY fits.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Roush Raptor. I have an aftermarket bumper where the winch sits a bit lower than it did in my previous hidden winch (stock) setup. My winch would not have fit with the stock hidden winch bumper and the Roush heat exchanger, but barely fits now. However, my winch doesn't have a movable control box like some. If it did, I think it would fit with the stock hidden winch. So, it depends on your winch. The installer did have to get creative with bracketry. I was also able to upgrade to an AFCO heat exchanger with fans and that BAAAAAAAAAARELY fits.
What bumper and winch do you have?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What bumper and winch do you have?
I have a LEX front bumper and a Viper Elite 12K winch. Oddly enough, I don't think you can get either anymore. I think LEX went out of business and they discontinued the winch. That being said, I'd aim for a winch with a control box that can be relocated. Fitment is a very valid concern with the heat exchanger and a winch.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a smitty built x20 12k the box is relocatable windr if it would work with a add stealth

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran warn 9.5xp on the rough country hidden winch mount with my Roush Raptor. I had maybe 2inches to spare and had to move the bigger heat exchange up a bit but it worked just fine for years. If you have the smaller heat exchanger from the earlier kits its very easy.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran warn 9.5xp on the rough country hidden winch mount with my Roush Raptor. I had maybe 2inches to spare and had to move the bigger heat exchange up a bit but it worked just fine for years. If you have the smaller heat exchanger from the earlier kits its very easy.
How did you move the heat exchanger up?

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the brackets around a bit to get clearance. Send me your number and I can see if I have some pics to send you.

Reaction score
Do you by chance still have those pics..? I am trying to do the same to my rouch raptor 2013 with seems to be big heat exchanger. Thanks for any info