Is it normal for the shocks to leak? Any GEN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was able to get the truck into the dealership early after the contacting the service manager and they basically verified that my shocks are leaking. I was told that they have to order the parts but they couldn’t give me an ETA due to “ the vehicle being new” I’m glad for that but I guess now I play the waiting game. Im not sure if it’s just my mind knowing that the shock has lost so much fluid or if it really is excessively loud in the bed area when I take a bump. I literally can hear what sounds like smacking when I go over any type of small bump at any rate of speed but not so much on the drivers side. Hopefully the part comes in a timely manner and I’m all fixed up in that area soon but the anxiety of getting ford dealer to acknowledge the defective part is over...relieved....for now.
Don't worry too much, avoid offroading it in the meantime. If the tire isn't shaking when you are driving down the highway, then you shouldn't have any unusual tire wear. Don't jump anymore curbs at Starbucks either, that's considered offroading these days by some, ha ha. Glad the parts are ordered at least, stuff happens....

Jeff550

Reaction score
Definitely not normal. That shock has failed. What's unfortunate is Ford has a hard enough time getting 17-20 shocks. The Gen 3 could be a long wait unless they get one off the assembly line.

OP
OP
T

Troubleman

Reaction score
So just following up The dealer replaced my shock on the rear right but I also noticed another issue which was a hanging component near the shock which was also broken..... I was advised it was a ride height sensor. After the dealship service tech zip tied it together and sent me on my way I was advised they'd give me a call when the part made it in to replace. I never received any faults or noticed much of a ride difference but definitely notice it visually as just a hanging part. The crazy part is that it’s made with plastic ( portion that connects to metal) which seems a bit odd to me. I guess I will continue to drive this thing to see what else is either broken or breaks. 1640489734997.jpeg