Is it normal for the shocks to leak? Any GEN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troubleman

Reaction score
Hello to all, I’ve been searching for some type of info on the shocks on these raptors and so many varying things are out. My new Gen 3 has 600 all pavement miles and the rear shocks are leaking some type of blue fluid/ oil. I don’t want to over react but I’d like to be armed with the right info before going to the dealership to address it. Have any of you seen this from your trucks and how do you think I should best address it with the vehicle being so new? I wiped the shocks clean but I am using this as a gauge to see how badly it’s occurring. I will update with pics once I determine that frequency. Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Troubleman

Reaction score
This is really beginning to bother me because how much fluid could be available to leak like this??? A steady flow and the dealer won’t get me in to check the truck out for another 2 weeks. Obviously the part is faulty why not order it now, but I’ll never get the logic.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is really beginning to bother me because how much fluid could be available to leak like this??? A steady flow and the dealer won’t get me in to check the truck out for another 2 weeks. Obviously the part is faulty why not order it now, but I’ll never get the logic.
Not really the service departments fault... they have an SOP to follow. Verify complaint, try and correct, order parts as needed.

OP
OP
T

Troubleman

Reaction score
So I was able to get the truck into the dealership early after the contacting the service manager and they basically verified that my shocks are leaking. I was told that they have to order the parts but they couldn’t give me an ETA due to “ the vehicle being new” I’m glad for that but I guess now I play the waiting game. Im not sure if it’s just my mind knowing that the shock has lost so much fluid or if it really is excessively loud in the bed area when I take a bump. I literally can hear what sounds like smacking when I go over any type of small bump at any rate of speed but not so much on the drivers side. Hopefully the part comes in a timely manner and I’m all fixed up in that area soon but the anxiety of getting ford dealer to acknowledge the defective part is over...relieved....for now.