Is Gen 3 37PP Beadlock ring vanity or functional? Any Ford Techs that can help here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're only going to accept an answer from a Ford tech, then maybe you should direct that question to your local Ford tech, instead of a public forum?

I concur with Antho's explanation, as this is consistent with all of the online research that I have done as well....factory rings are only beauty rings and are not setup or designed to be a functional bead lock ring, hints why Ford sells the beadlock ring for this exact purpose. I believe this has been confirmed in other posts as well.
I already did reach out to my dealership a few days ago and I'm still waiting for an answer, hence my post on here. It was my last resort. Ford CANNOT legally sell a rim with a functional beadlock ring because they are illegal (Antho left this part out, which is totally fine). Tough crowd around here lol.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@FordTechOne can confirm this I'm sure. We already know of course, but maybe he'll chime in for you.

As Antho said, the wheels are beadlock capable. You have add actual, functional beadlock rings to make them functional. Functional beadlock rings are not street legal (they're for off-road use only), so that should confirm Ford isn't going to put them on the truck.
This is the response I was looking for, thank you!

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already did reach out to my dealership a few days ago and I'm still waiting for an answer, hence my post on here. It was my last resort. Ford CANNOT legally sell a rim with a functional beadlock ring because they are illegal (Antho left this part out, which is totally fine). Tough crowd around here lol.
They are not illegal everywhere, so he didn't leave anything out. There are some that are DOT approved nationwide. Even in your c ommie hell hole NJ. Good luck

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You did not ask if they where street legal or not.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did not ask if they where street legal or not.
It's all part of the story as to why they are vanity and not functional, we don't have to split hairs here but I guess we are. I trust but also verify........ Thanks for answering my question though.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are not illegal everywhere, so he didn't leave anything out. There are some that are DOT approved nationwide. Even in your c ommie hell hole NJ. Good luck
If we are talking about Rock Monster wheels by Hutchinson, that's an entirely different story. Thanks for your input, but no thanks lol.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How exactly would i be splitting hairs? You asked if the beadlock ring was functional. I answered that.
Right. You just left out the reason why they are vanity, no big deal. I didn't have legality in my equation when I posted this question. I can appreciate the forum because I got the same answer from FP. I need a consensus before I start having work done on my Raptor, especially when it comes to being legal and safe, that may upset some folks but that's not my concern.