Is Gen 3 37PP Beadlock ring vanity or functional? Any Ford Techs that can help here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne can confirm this I'm sure. We already know of course, but maybe he'll chime in for you.

As Antho said, the wheels are beadlock capable. You have add actual, functional beadlock rings to make them functional. Functional beadlock rings are not street legal (they're for off-road use only), so that should confirm Ford isn't going to put them on the truck.
I suppose bead-lock vanity vs bead-lock capable would better serve some folks understanding. I wouldn’t even waste @FordTechOne ’s time when this has been talked about a kajilion times on here. The search engine is a neutral party and is everyone’s friend around here.

Attachments

• 67467A0F-8969-4738-8D71-BF9BB222A00C.jpeg
    67467A0F-8969-4738-8D71-BF9BB222A00C.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 61

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not that you'll take any of this for what it is worth, but the reason the beauty ring is there in the first place, 99% of people don't need beadlocks but like the look. And second, probably most importantly, beadlocks for recreational use are a nightmare for torqueing and retorquing the beadlock repeatedly. Many tire shops won't touch them, install is a nightmare start to finish. The only reason to run bead locks, is because you really need to.
You should not have to re-torque bead lock rings constantly. You should check them after a couple hundred miles and then you should be GTG. Same as you should with the lug nuts holding the wheel on.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should not have to re-torque bead lock rings constantly. You should check them after a couple hundred miles and then you should be GTG. Same as you should with the lug nuts holding the wheel on.
Does the bead lock ring bottom out against the wheel once installed or does it clamp the rubber to the wheel? If it is clamping rubber then you probably would need to retorque them periodically.

I have never looked into as I don’t have them, but that would be one difference between lug nuts and bead lock rings.

Edited for stupid typos……

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the bead lock ring bottom out against the wheel once installed or does it clamp the rubber to the wheel? If it is clamping rubber then you probably would need to retorque them periodically.

I have never looked into as I don’t have them, but that would be one difference between lug nuts and bead lock rings.

Edited for stupid typos……
When properly installed the ring will be hard against the rim itself.

There are many videos on YouTube.

The rubber bead has a groove to sit in and the ring pinches the bead to create a seal, but you are not crushing the bead or damaging the tire.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm late to the party, but I'm confused why someone would come to a non-affiliated forum, ask a question, and expect an official response.

Edit: the move to back out and make this about an incomplete answer was hilarious. I'm glad I kept reading.

Last edited:

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought i would revive this old thread approaching 1 year anniversary since last post. Ford should have just stuck with 12 bolt beauty rings like gen1 and gen 2 to distinguish real vs beauty

8250_RPM

Reaction score
Rarely do I ever read all posts in a thread, but this one was very entertaining from start to finish. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I just did and learned a valuable lesson! Yeah...people are neat.