Is Full PPF Worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplreyes

Reaction score
Lots of good feedback here, much appreciated. I do have the rapid red with the tinted clearcoat so wondering if that means I have an extra tiny layer of protection already haha.. For those who did get PPF, what kind of guarantees are you getting from your installers? How many years? I'm planning to keep this truck for the long run.
I sold my 2015 challenger this year. It too had the front wrapped. After 7 years, it did not have one rock chip or scratch. I could have lasted another 7 years, easily.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those interested in removing swirl marks, I am a converted believer in ceramic coatings. My wife’s black E-Tron S just landed with a dealer installed ceramic coating package we had to eat the cost on. Well I just washed it for her last weekend, just a simple wash, rinse, dry, and there was ZERO swirl marks. For those of you who know how impossible that is on a black car without a polish, well there you have it.

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
Big fan of Xpel on any vehicle that is going to get a lot of highway miles. That said, I only do the full front b/c this is highway/hunting vehicle and we take ATVs when we are hunting in brush/tight spaces.

We have Escalade with almost 100K miles and the front end is pristine -- if only I could convince my wife to keep the rims away from curbs....

Doubledown

Reaction score
I think its worth it.. but I do get bothered by chips, dings, and swirl marks. I also want to be able to go through a soft-touch carwash every once in a blue moon during the winter to get the dirt off since I don't have a gigantic heated garage. I would never touch a soft-touch carwash ever without a full wrap.. but.. everyone's preference is difference.

To me though, the peace of mind driving down the freeway and seeing a rock flip up and knick my truck and know it probably didn't ruin anything cosmetically is pretty great. I've had some close calls and big rocks not do a thing.

I also bring it out on the trails and have had my gen2 look factory pin striped going through trees and brush.. sucked.. but now with the gen3 I've done the same trails.. no issues.. truck looks brand new.

Ymmv with edges and how the shop did the install. I have some edges coming up, but I don't blame it on the install, I think it was from the last trail run and rock hit but I pressed it back down and I'm fine with it. Would rather have it come up a bit then the alternative.. im actually pretty sure it may be covered under warranty.

Same guy did my Tesla Model S and as that is used just as a commuter car, the whole wrap looks brand new and its been on the car for 3yrs when I bought it new. Nothing has come up on that one and it's really protected the car from some crap now having over 60k miles on it in 3yrs.
Does the PPF ever get torn or messed up by the same branches that cause pinstripes? I mean how tough is the wrap?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it going to increase the value 6k when you sell it? Does it make it go faster? Get the front done for 800 bucks.

rudychan

Reaction score
I hope it’s worth it.
I just got my black 35 and I had the front PPF and the entire truck ceramic coated. I sort of OCD and seeing bugs and rock chips in the front would drive my crazy.
It cost about $3600 for the front PPF and ceramic coated. Thought that was reasonable but that’s me.
I got the Xpel PPF and ceramic coated also the windows tinted.
In addition the paint correction is worth it as it makes the color stand out more.
But like others have said do u have the money.
Good luck either way

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the PPF ever get torn or messed up by the same branches that cause pinstripes? I mean how tough is the wrap?

Mine looks new still. Ymmv.. I think to be honest some people are being told the wrap they are paying for... buuuut maybe are not using an honest reputable individual or dealer.

LennyMoe

Reaction score
Some of these responses crack me up, man. People out here will buy an iPhone for $1200-$1500, spend $15 on a screen protector, and anywhere from $15-$75 on a case, then say spending a few grand on PPF for an $80k-$100k vehicle is absolutely ridiculous.

My opinion: It's all a matter of the value that YOU find in it. Is it worth it to you? Only question you should be asking.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some of these responses crack me up, man. People out here will buy an iPhone for $1200-$1500, spend $15 on a screen protector, and anywhere from $15-$75 on a case, then say spending a few grand on PPF for an $80k-$100k vehicle is absolutely ridiculous.

My opinion: It's all a matter of the value that YOU find in it. Is it worth it to you? Only question you should be asking.
Your car won’t break if it gets hit by a rock while your phone could shatter if you drop it without a case. Huge difference.

PPF is worth it only on the front end and ceramic is a scam. You can do it for a fraction of the cost in your garage and get the same results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free